Stobarts and Waitrose

About 6 of us were put on work another firm did,according too the places I delivered too that firm were loosing drivers and just couldn’t cope anymore,
Not sure if that was just tonight or long term,the problem is the rates are so tight that these firms just cantbaffordvtoo pay extravagant wages(?agency) ,so just pull the plug on it,just not worth doing
I always thought the firm were a decent lot,so for them too be loosing drivers likevtheresvno tomorrow it does makebyoubwonder,must admit I wouldn’t want to be doing 6 drops a night of frozen,it might be only a cage or two,but even so it’s not my cup of tea,nor there drivers by the seems of things,assuming I’m being told the full story

I reckon this issue of using Stobart rather than other local companies is because there is an attitude in business that the ‘small man’ is not allowed to charge more than a certain rate for the job - let’s say an hourly rate of £40 or £1.20 mile. The large operators however who want double that or more? absolutely no problem with that.

May have something to do with the big boys accepting payment terms of six months, because they are working on their suppliers’ money.

cav551:
I reckon this issue of using Stobart rather than other local companies is because there is an attitude in business that the ‘small man’ is not allowed to charge more than a certain rate for the job - let’s say an hourly rate of £40 or £1.20 mile. The large operators however who want double that or more? absolutely no problem with that.

May have something to do with the big boys accepting payment terms of six months, because they are working on their suppliers’ money.

Thers also the case would a small operator be able to at the drop of a hat be able too put 6/10/20 trucks / driverson other work than there own with out it having a impact on there regular work

dozy:
No more elf jibes though,all good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No, instead we’ll get called Smurfs :smiley:

Ex Haulier:
So, are Stobart employing drivers local to Bracknell ?. Would of thought they would need to pay a bit more than there usual rates to find drivers around there. What depot are running those trucks then ?.

Probably employing more polish drivers

It could also be that they (supermarkets) are a bit busier than normal at the mo and the 1st company that could send in 10/20/30 units in one hit is Stobarts, going on what’s been said around here before about trampers being called back, spare ones kicking about etc etc.

When i was with Luckings, we did traction work out of Bracknell when other work was quiet. Easy work and friendly staff :smiley:

dozy:
As they seem to be giving lots of work ( steel,best paying job) to his supposed sons firm ( blue trucks ,ws on them) I guess there having too try and find work for existing esl trucks.That said was told won’t be long until were all wearing blue and driving blue trucks,no more elf jibes though,all good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

blue, smurf :sunglasses:

cypry0:
Easy work and friendly staff :smiley:

That’s good.

I’m on for QTR, and I’ve got a waitrose trailer on right now. We’ve got 2 drivers go in every wed/thurs/Fri up til Christmas, not seen any stobbies units in Bracknell though. It’s decent work to be fair, and I’ve never comes across a nicer bunch of people, even at the stores they’re all quite happy to help.