Stobarts accident

this is me one sat afternoon on A42 when one clever idiot lost control and hit the trailer

lucky enough the driver admitted to the police he just lost control and hit the trailer
[
i didnt even fell it with 44 ton of coke on

lucky no one was hurt but the driver did have a go at me for trying to break the back window to get the 3 lads out of the back he didnt want me to damage his car!!!

lucky the police didn investigate cos i was moonlighting working driving elsewhere during the week

i was on my way to asda magor south wales so that was cancelled good job i didn want to go anyway

this is me another weekend at alconbury having a 45 on my way to sidcup tip then empty back to wakefield

Great pics jessicas dad :smiley: . The driver was lucky to
be alive with the car being on its roof like that.

Excellent best photos!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Nice to see old livery stobart in polish clean!!! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Ben (Betz)

I can’t believe he was wittering about his back window, sod the car, save the people, the cars totalled anyway. Did you ever find out why he ended up bouncing of your back wheel?

i started at 9am at wakefield depot for an 4pm magor asda south wales and no lorry avalible so i waited for the first to come in and it was called " joy "
any way i loaded at coke and set of at 10.30 ish running with my mate who was going down to crick so by now im in a mood cos with a break it is pushing it to magor plus obviously i aint getting back till midnight sat!!!
so i had my 45 at trowel services with my buddy and set of and i gave him the flash goodbye as i peeled of on the A42 about 20 mins later by chance looked in my mirror dont know why just did and saw the car weaving around then clipped the trailer… " bloody hell " and then the car did a somersault and flipped 3 times!!!
my initail thought now im in the ■■■■!!! nobody wants to be the first on scene to something like that anyway comes to a stop no kidding running at full weight 44tons of coke the trailer didnt even flinch and if i hadnt seen it the first i would have known would have been arriving in south wales!!!
i runs back the driver is climbing out but 3 lads stuck in the back couldnt get out and petrol leeking so i tried to smash back window and driver runs up carrying on about damageing his car!!!
we get the lads out and the police come and take statements lucky enough and fair play to the lad he admited he just lost control of the car and hit the trailer.
i phoned stobbies told them i needed a new tyre and told them i wouldn make asda… they phoned me back and told me to drop it at crick it would be delivered another day … result for me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
stobbies said they were pleased now they could charge for tyre missed delivery damage to trailer and 2 lots of wages and diesal i suppose all vastly inflated for insurance.
at the end of this story i got a letter from leicestershire police informing me i wasnt at all to blame and the lad driving was prosectuted dangerous driving and had to resit his test :laughing:

Thanks for that, One to chalk up to experience then, at least matey got his just desserts from the county sherrif. Maybe he’ll think about what he is doing in future, main thing is no one was seriously hurt, could have been a lot worse.