Stobart truckstops ltd

Is it just me that’s behind the times,but when did eddie Stobarts own truckstops.just paid for my parking at rugby truckstop and this is what it says on the receipt

Didn’t know that, jenks own Penrith and a nice truckstop it is too.

Rugby is a good truckstop aswell just didnt realise stobart had taken over

Atleast if its run by them you know it will be a decent place to stop, i’ve stayed at rugby truckstop before and its certainly one of the good ones.

do-business.net/Indexer/Comp … kstops-Ltd

Not the best info but it does link the post title with Stobarts!

Came up on here a few weeks ago, a newly formed company looks like they are taking over 2 or 3, including Jenk’s at Penrith.

In related interest, what’s being built on the old J40 Truckstop in Penrith next to Aldi? And have they offered other locations for trucks to park?

Hope, they will red :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: uce the parking fee and send to banktrupcy the f…n’ greedy British motorway services all over the country! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dew:
Came up on here a few weeks ago, a newly formed company looks like they are taking over 2 or 3, including Jenk’s at Penrith.

In related interest, what’s being built on the old J40 Truckstop in Penrith next to Aldi? And have they offered other locations for trucks to park?

spoke to some of jenkinsons drivers about this this week the reply i got was too their knowlage penrith truckstop is still owned by jenkinson and they would be surprised if he sold it as it’s 1 an operating centre for them,2 a storage yard for them and 3, it genarates alot of income every week for them as it’s stuffed full every night of the week.

wont be stopping there again

Aren’t Jenkinson’s pat of the Stobart empire anyway?
Thought he’d flogged it to them?

scotstrucker:

dew:

spoke to some of jenkinsons drivers about this this week the reply i got was too their knowlage penrith truckstop is still owned by jenkinson and they would be surprised if he sold it as it’s 1 an operating centre for them,2 a storage yard for them and 3, it genarates alot of income every week for them as it’s stuffed full every night of the week.

Right ok, I’m trying to find the topic on here about it, think this was it…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94373&p=1365250&hilit=+Stobart+Truckstops+#p1365250

Soldier z, A W Jenkinson is the third biggest shareholder in Stobart Group.

That’s what I mean if he’s working with or part owns some of Stobart Group then has he thrown the truckstop in with this new venture
It’s mentioned on here (page four) that Carlisle staff say they are Stobart employees.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95441&start=60#p1390052

lizard:

So it’s had some positive reviews here and people always moan about truckstops but you won’t stop there as stobart own it.

lizard:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Why not ■■?

dew:

Think its probably another ‘retail shed’ the steel frame’s going up and groundworks/roadways going in?

i won’t be stopping thee either :wink:

Geoffo:

lizard:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Why not ■■?

aint giving any of my hard earned cash to that ■■■■■■

They have recently bought Carlisle truckstop.

Deleled

Thought there is no money to be made in truckstops?!