Stobart to the rescue [Merged]

Well, having found myself fallen through the various cracks and being dumped on universal credit last month with no work in sight…
Very happy that Eddie has just offered me shifts for a week, I bit their hand off, as right now they seem to be the only agency in the country offering work.
If anyone is stuck I suggest getting in touch with logistics people, for all the mocking, it’s work.and it pays ok. Beats sitting around waiting for your dole.
Don’t forget the 2 step rulebook to ensure a stress free day…

1. Disable microlise unit
  2. Crack on

Any port in a storm driver…crack on :slight_smile:

Nice one mate.
As I said on one of ‘Benjies’ many job search threads, there aint many taking on in the present climate, but if anybody will be it’ll be Stobbies, seeing as they do a lot of food/supermarket work.
There’s always work out there somewhere if you’re willing to get off your arse and look for it.

I shall be interested to see your thoughts on the holiday pay

dozy:
I shall be interested to see your thoughts on the holiday pay

I’ve worked for them before mate, and I’m well aware of the holiday pay, there is none.
As I’ve told you before, you get an illegally rolled up amount of “holiday” pay massaged into your hourly rate, and then you are given the choice of how you receive that fictional extra on your payslip, whichever makes you feel better.
This is not a career move, it’s a feed the family move, and will be as temporary as possible but I’m still grateful for them right now.

Nothing wrong with trying to feed the family, anything is better than the dole. If I was in the same boat I’d snap their hands off. No heirs and graces here, work is work [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
Nothing wrong with trying to feed the family, anything is better than the dole. If I was in the same boat I’d snap their hands off. No heirs and graces here, work is work [emoji106]

+1…Even I would :open_mouth: in those circumstances, …and I’d fit in there like Julian Clary in The Paras. :smiley:

robroy:

stuwozere1:

+1…Even I would :open_mouth: in those circumstances, …and I’d fit in there like Julian Clary in The Paras. :smiley:

That’s the winning Quote of the week.

That’s great but why have you been left to claim benefits and not on furlough with 80% pay?

robroy:
…and I’d fit in there like Julian Clary in The Paras. :smiley:

Good one…

:smiley:

Well done man. Thats the spirit if you try hard enough. See you on the road drive

DickyNick:
That’s great but why have you been left to claim benefits and not on furlough with 80% pay?

Was part time with an events company, they just shut the doors and laid everyone off before the lockdown even started. Not doing furlough as they don’t know if they will open again.
Filled rest of time with ad hoc agencies and no chance of anything from them.
My own fault for being a bit flighty I suppose but it is what it is

robroy:

stuwozere1:

Done a few shifts for them over the past 12 months.
Every time I’ve worked there I’ve always told it straight to the planner on the phone that I’m not doing nights out and I WILL be home after my shift.
They seem to respect that and have so far not taken the ■■■■.
Also, when your microlise is conveniently broken and you ask for your run details over the phone, as long as it’s a realistic run, I just get on with it and have never been hassled by them.

Then there’s the other method of working there, tramping 70 ragged hours in lay-bys but that’s reserved for a special type of employee :smiley:

idrive:

DickyNick:

Was part time with an events company, they just shut the doors and laid everyone off before the lockdown even started. Not doing furlough as they don’t know if they will open again.
Filled rest of time with ad hoc agencies and no chance of anything from them.
My own fault for being a bit flighty I suppose but it is what it is

Fair enough if stobarts can give you work then make the most of it.

Nah would rather let the kids eat grass than work for Stobartski they are everything that is wrong with transport

LisasGuy:
Nah would rather let the kids eat grass than work for Stobartski they are everything that is wrong with transport

Spoken by a man who has never been on his arse. :unamused:
Stobarts are the arse hole of the haulage industry (along with a couple of others) but desperation makes you ignore principles.
Even I done a week in a Stobart truck through an agency :open_mouth: (2 confessions in one :smiley: ) about 12 yrs ago, I just showed them from day 1 that I would work to the best of my experience and ability, , but totally refused to be pushed and/or ■■■■ ed about… and it worked. :bulb:
Driving a Stobbie (MAN at the time) was a bit like ■■■ with the local bike, felt ok but ■■■■ embarrassing if any of your mates seen you. :laughing:

I would even walk around in a ■■■■ Sunderland shirt mate, if in the unlikely event it would generate cash to feed my family.

Wouldn’t work for Stobartski under ANY circumstances my licence would be going back to the DVLA 1st & a job picking in Amazon.
The sooner companies like this either go bust or treat employees with respect the better
They thrive on people being desperate & so get away with poor t&c’s. The only way the industry will improve for the better is if everyone refused to work for company’s like this, but we will never stick together as driver’s so carry on.
If folk are that desperate then it’s up to them I’m not judging or blaming anyone but just stating my personal choices.

LisasGuy:
Wouldn’t work for Stobartski under ANY circumstances my licence would be going back to the DVLA 1st & a job picking in Amazon.
The sooner companies like this either go bust or treat employees with respect the better
They thrive on people being desperate & so get away with poor t&c’s. The only way the industry will improve for the better is if everyone refused to work for company’s like this, but we will never stick together as driver’s so carry on.
If folk are that desperate then it’s up to them I’m not judging or blaming anyone but just stating my personal choices.

It’s not that straight forward though. What do you view as ‘poor t&c’s’ ? I personally think that in-cab camera’s, £10 per hour and being constantly watched & mithered on the phone as totally unacceptable, yet many on here reading this put up with that crap.

The depot I work out of is 5 mins from my house. I don’t get hassled on the phone, I’m not constantly monitored, I rarely do over 10 hr shifts (Mon-Fri day’s) and I certainly earn more than £10 per hour and do not have a camera watching me all day.

I agree on the broad point that you make that all drivers should stick together but MOST haulage companies (certainly general haulage) all pay similar money and are all pretty much as bad as each other in various ways. It’s not about ‘being desperate’, it’s about picking the least bad apple…and I’ve chomped on probably a dozen+ in 6 years :wink:

robroy:
I would even walk around in a [zb] Sunderland shirt mate

■■■■ me. Even my standards are not that low.

Ken.

LisasGuy:

Obviously Never Been Hungry Enough Mate…! Either That Or You Think Nothing Of Your Kids.!!