Stobart to pull plug on chilled division!

spoke to a mate last night who runs out of heywood and says half the drivers are going to be shown the door he also says magna park is closing in time too ( i cant see that myself )
he has worked there for a few yr and many times he would run to livingston loaded and come back empty :open_mouth:

Hello Everyone.

I’m my opion Stobart’s did not want the Chill diversion in the 1st place and T’s pushed them into it :unamused: when they took over they had no idea on chilled food and shelf life deliveries.

That’s very true jas, I think to be fair to Eddie they only bought innovate chill because T told them too.

Wheel Nut:

Bewick:
There’s some interesting reading in the papers to-day about a court case involving some dealings of the two “chuckle brothers” concerning the suspended chief constable of ■■■■■■■ and the purchase and sale of carlisle international airport,by the sound of it no wonder the “chuckles” wanted to keep the “whistleblower” quiet at all costs,the court case is continuing !!

I am surprised no one has commented on this already Denis

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95146

Is the net or met closing in?

Have a “butchers” at the Stobbie share price and analysis on the LSE,London and South East site.There’s a Stockbroker that has those two boys well weighed up,it looks like they will have to have the skills of Houdini to escape from the lumber they have landed themselves in if this guy’s analysis is correct !!Just Google Stobart Share price. Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Wheel Nut:

Bewick:
There’s some interesting reading in the papers to-day about a court case involving some dealings of the two “chuckle brothers” concerning the suspended chief constable of ■■■■■■■ and the purchase and sale of carlisle international airport,by the sound of it no wonder the “chuckles” wanted to keep the “whistleblower” quiet at all costs,the court case is continuing !!

I am surprised no one has commented on this already Denis

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95146

Is the net or met closing in?

Have a “butchers” at the Stobbie share price and analysis on the LSE,London and South East site.There’s a Stockbroker that has those two boys well weighed up,it looks like they will have to have the skills of Houdini to escape from the lumber they have landed themselves in if this guy’s analysis is correct !!Just Google Stobart Share price. Cheers Dennis.

An £8m loss on the chill division is a seriously cool amount of money.

I used to use Motley Fool. I think I prefer LSE :wink:

When it was Corby Chilled it made a profit ok maybe not as much as 1 would like but few million - I just think Stobart’s went in blind and tried to do it “Stobart” way which was wrong.

Jas-G:
When it was Corby Chilled it made a profit ok maybe not as much as 1 would like but few million - I just think Stobart’s went in blind and tried to do it “Stobart” way which was wrong.

Iain Stewart - I know you read this. Feel proud that you and your family built up a successful business with smart trucks, smart drivers and a savvy management team. Corby Chilled spent 10 years quietly doing what they did best, the two subsequent operations appeared to think more of (and believed) flash public image and soundbite headlines and didn’t put in the donkey work. You may be able to acquire Heywood and Newark on the cheap, I’m sure you won’t be short of volunteers to help show the others how it should be done. Salut.

I agree (and if Iains dad came back) i’m sure even more drivers would come back,in my opinion again Corby has some of the top drivers out there - with 1 of the best colour design lorries :wink:

Bobtail:

Jas-G:

Iain Stewart - I know you read this. Feel proud that you and your family built up a successful business with smart trucks, smart drivers and a savvy management team. Corby Chilled spent 10 years quietly doing what they did best, the two subsequent operations appeared to think more of (and believed) flash public image and soundbite headlines and didn’t put in the donkey work. You may be able to acquire Heywood and Newark on the cheap, I’m sure you won’t be short of volunteers to help show the others how it should be done. Salut.

Very kind of you, thank you. I have watched with growing dismay and disbelief the way the business we worked so hard to build up with the help and support of a lot of dedicated people has been so comprehensively undone by the subsequent owners.

Iain - Will Corby Chilled be starting up again ?

Jas-G:
I just think Stobart’s went in blind and tried to do it “Stobart” way which was wrong.

lol, ha ha ha haha ha lol! :sunglasses: they couldn’t run a bath STOBRATS! :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing: inept management who lie all the time to cover their little ARTICLES WHICH THEY CRAP OUT OF! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Corby had it Sussed at Heywood! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: a few good mates of mine the got anally raped by said Wayne KERRS! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

In my opinion again Stobarts pushed it too much to quick :frowning:

Kevwall:
Is this a sign of what’s to come for stobarts ■■!..

If it wasnt for Tesco they would have gone to the wall a while a go.

Beginning of the end ■■?

moomooland:

Kevwall:

Beginning of the end ■■?

Agree …

Can`t wait for the next T.V. series, Stobart Trucks and Trailers…For Sale, contact Malcolm Harrison!

I do not know much about the ES Network and his Tesco work, but would n’t the Newark and Heywood vehicles be some of those planned to deliver ex Doncaster?
If so what’s plan B?

The unit’s at the Corby depot was used and abused and some unit’s never had radio’s in as someone nicked them and they would not replace them …

mi13ke:
I do not know much about the ES Network and his Tesco work, but would n’t the Newark and Heywood vehicles be some of those planned to deliver ex Doncaster?
If so what’s plan B?

Probably are, but will just move the units to other depot like Chesterfield. Depending on where the drivers live, some may be able to transfere to Chesterfield.

moomooland:

Kevwall:

Beginning of the end ■■?

except that the biomass division has hee haw to do with tescos and the biomass is making a profit??

I will miss Fiona Saltysak and her laugh at the end of every sentence