Stobart to pull plug on chilled division!

bald bloke:

Fatboy slimslow:

Kevwall:
Is this a sign of what’s to come for stobarts ■■!..

You’re not amused then ?

happy as can be :sunglasses: left last July, an owner driver now, thanks very much! :laughing: laugh that hard, cracked me ribs! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

RIZZO101:
I half expect my paper boy on a Sundays will be wairing a stobart jacket an high vis but they would only deliver wrong bloody paper :smiley: :smiley:

Nope, I’m sure your be requiring the Sun :unamused:

second reason.Stobart have to many truck and to many more profitable ideas .and this chill food distribution just some 5 percent or less from all Group turnovel

what a bunch of scum sucking oss ■■■ loving plane toatin scum,

I am livid , that it close a depot that makes money , oh well there wont be any more revenue keeping the empire open any more,

I understood it to say that the chill division was ceasing as"a stand alone" operation. In other words it will still operate but the general fleet will pull the fridges as & when neccesary from & to where ever therefore negating the need for dedicated units & drivers…

FLIP:
I understood it to say that the chill division was ceasing as"a stand alone" operation. In other words it will still operate but the general fleet will pull the fridges as & when necessary from & to where ever therefore negating the need for dedicated units & drivers…

+1

I think they made such a hames of moving to Lutterworth that they will never get those contracts back.

Silver_Surfer:
I think they made such a hames of moving to Lutterworth that they will never get those contracts back.

I don’t think they seemed overly bothered about getting them back. I suspect this was on the cards for a long time. Seemed to be mainly Tesco stock we were delivering.

Calling Phil Hanley

Are you there Phil, there is an opportunity arising and get it back to honest haulage :laughing:

Wasn’t there some kind of gentlemens agreement between the liquidators, Yearsley, Stobart and the creditors to try to trade out of Innovates Icelandic problems?

FLIP:
I understood it to say that the chill division was ceasing as"a stand alone" operation. In other words it will still operate but the general fleet will pull the fridges as & when neccesary from & to where ever therefore negating the need for dedicated units & drivers…

now as well time from time to Lutterworth come drivers Trampers.do job ,next day this drivers some where.one time i talk to one trampers,he said who do not just one job,but some time he do job with curtainside trailers,some time fridge,car transporter,go to Tesco and do shop delivery.

does it matter. if stoby won.t do it some other (zb) will.

and second-Stobart have plan build new parking space near chill at magna park,and moved all from Crick to Magna.so for managment will be easy running all transport together

The Commercial Motor people don’t know how to spell ‘Heywood’. It does say that they are closing the chilled operations. That means no more fridge work. Fridge work is a lot more profitable than most other operations and they obviously they can’t make money out of it, looks like they have got themselves into a situation where they’ve undercut everyone including themselves.

Surely they can’t stop their whole chilled operation as that would include the Tesco’s work wouldn’t it ?

Kerbdog:
The Commercial Motor people don’t know how to spell ‘Heywood’. It does say that they are closing the chilled operations. That means no more fridge work. Fridge work is a lot more profitable than most other operations and they obviously they can’t make money out of it, looks like they have got themselves into a situation where they’ve undercut everyone including themselves.

Surely they can’t stop their whole chilled operation as that would include the Tesco’s work wouldn’t it ?

good point but i think tesco is more profitable as i would imagine they can take loads in and take a load out

Hexhome:

GasGas:
Well maybe,

But unless the companies the chilled division was working for have gone out of business then the goods will still have to be moved. So the total number of drivers in employment may not change. Irrespective of economic ups and downs people still have to eat, so food still has to be transported.

In times like these the safest sectors to be in are either food or domestic waste transport.

And toilet rolls out of Prudhoe :smiley:

Or out of Skelmersdale where I’m based, espiecialy now SCA have took over Georgia Pacific

Bewick:
There’s some interesting reading in the papers to-day about a court case involving some dealings of the two “chuckle brothers” concerning the suspended chief constable of ■■■■■■■ and the purchase and sale of carlisle international airport,by the sound of it no wonder the “chuckles” wanted to keep the “whistleblower” quiet at all costs,the court case is continuing !!

I am surprised no one has commented on this already Denis

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95146

Is the net or met closing in?

Wheel Nut:

Bewick:
There’s some interesting reading in the papers to-day about a court case involving some dealings of the two “chuckle brothers” concerning the suspended chief constable of ■■■■■■■ and the purchase and sale of carlisle international airport,by the sound of it no wonder the “chuckles” wanted to keep the “whistleblower” quiet at all costs,the court case is continuing !!

I am surprised no one has commented on this already Denis

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95146

Is the net or met closing in?

is there a boat ready in the med for someone to do a robert maxwell ?

Anyone who knows anything about chilled distribution know how important it is to meet the deadlines. I worked for Blake’s/Express/Corby/Innovate and up to the Corby takeover it was fairly efficient. I also knew that Alcester handled far more than Corby at a much smaller site.

I also remember delivering in to ES depot at Rugby where they were delivering multi supermarket goods from one warehouse. In the yard was a trailer full of Tesco baked beans being UNloaded off a green trailer. I overheard a heated conversation in the office about it, and it seems that they had tried to deliver it to Sainsbury’s. With that level of efficiency I never could see how they would make a success of chilled.

Blake’s did some pretty stupid stuff but the wagons ran night and day, and were pretty well loaded both ways most times.

An old friend of mine has worked for Corby chilled …or did for a long time then innovate took over…they had a go at running chilled but for reasons i dont think we can speak about on here…so Stobarts take over …poor chap has been fannyed about until last year when they made a load redundant at Corby …he is now out of a job after 19 yrs of nights long hours …■■■■■■ about and never got as much as a thankyou…more like a f…off.

Blake’s did some pretty stupid stuff but the wagons ran night and day, and were pretty well loaded both ways most times.

I once went all the way to Berwick Upon Tweed from Newark depot EMPTY, to pick up Pastry product, and came back with 11 pallets, I know another fella who went and came back empty as well, wtf ■■ how could that happen lol, I spent half the time empty on some shifts towards the end of my time there, it was at that point you knew things would not last.

Wonder who will take over the Newark premises then ? Heard a rumour Turners might in the hunt ■■ very very unsubstantiated tho, as rumour as it can get.