Stobart/Theory Question

DELETED. Silly joke about Stobarts.

And I’ll bet you’ve never papped your horn at a work mate or a forkie as you leave or a bod who’s opened a gate for you or anything like that ever?

I really hope I never get so bored in life that I’ll feel the need to start completely [zb]ing useless rant threads on an internet forum!

And before you ask I’m not a Stobbie fanboy or employee either.

It’s called humour pal. But now you mention it what is the point in training drivers with all these rules and regulations if no sod wants to pay any attention to them! [zb] it!!! Lets all use mobile phones while driving. Drink and drive? Why not, the more the better. Feeling tired? Don’t worry keep on driving. Don’t recall needing to beep horn. Easy enough to raise a hand. Doesn’t cause a noise nuisance and won’t cause some plod with nothing else to do to pull you over. Not a useless rant, had just finished reading a stobart book from local library. You must be pretty bored yourself to respond.

Don’t you just love it on here 25 posts and giving it large already lol.

What experience do you have of driving trucks as you say why teach drivers stuff if they aren’t going to use it? Simple it’s called experience which teach you what you can and don’t need to do to get the job done safely and efficiently.

Happy posting on the grown ups forum as most professional drivers would tell you come back when you can drive and know a thing or 3.

Well I am man enough to admit if I’ve been a bit of a ■■■ :frowning: Maybe using the word mentalist was a bit strong. But I do believe I was making a valid point about all the things we are being told (as part of training/theory testing) NOT to do if much of it can be discarded when we qualify (maybe if I qualify in my case! :blush: ).

I’m not a fan of the outfit as you guessed. I think they’ve put a lot of people out of business and it is going to get worse. If you consider all there other spinoffs and the money they are making they can afford to outbid anyone else maybe even start making a loss on the haulage knowing they will cover that loss on the other enterprises. Maybe a Stobart Diner next unless they’ve given up on that. That’s all I was trying to point out albeit badly. Obviously I overestimated the ill feeling towards the company.

Max-Cady:
Well I am man enough to admit if I’ve been a bit of a ■■■ :frowning: Maybe using the word mentalist was a bit strong. But I do believe I was making a valid point about all the things we are being told (as part of training/theory testing) NOT to do if much of it can be discarded when we qualify (maybe if I qualify in my case! :blush: ).

I’m not a fan of the outfit as you guessed. I think they’ve put a lot of people out of business and it is going to get worse. If you consider all there other spinoffs and the money they are making they can afford to outbid anyone else maybe even start making a loss on the haulage knowing they will cover that loss on the other enterprises. Maybe a Stobart Diner next unless they’ve given up on that. That’s all I was trying to point out albeit badly. Obviously I overestimated the ill feeling towards the company.

Max, you’re miss the point mate. It’s not ill will, its that the Stobarts joke has been done to death.
So much so it’s become tedious & boring. That’s all pal! :smiley:

I did enjoy the Tacho setting for dogging post though! :laughing: As did others…

So don’t worry too much and crack on! :wink:

youre a newbie to the board and tried your hand and running with the crowd and stobie bashing, tripped yourself up on that one mate, consider yourself spanked!