Stobart Stoke Ports

Hi does anyone know anything about working for Stobarts out of Stoke doin the ports?
How much does it pay is it a straight foreword job? Any info would be good. I ask as I know they give new drivers a chance and I’m just trying to get going as I’ve just passed.

Thanks Justin

Try phoning their Human Resources (HR) Dept.
They’ll give you all that info’ themselves. You’ll know you’ve got the right gen’ as well.

Simon:
Try phoning their Human Resources (HR) Dept.
They’ll give you all that info’ themselves. You’ll know you’ve got the right gen’ as well.

Cheers Simon. I’ll give them a ring on Tuesday, I’ve got a list of a few local firms to ring as well so fingers crossed. :smiley:

Justin

don’t know about stoke but chesterfield depot is £8.03 on ports. didn’t go for assessment so cant tell you the rest but a mate went lasted 2 weeks. each to their own :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

danj:
don’t know about stoke but chesterfield depot is £8.03 on ports. didn’t go for assessment so cant tell you the rest but a mate went lasted 2 weeks. each to their own :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Cheers danj surprised at the hourly rate :frowning: I’m gonna ring them and try and find out what’s what.

I work there, it’s the easiest job i’ve ever had. I do about 3 hours driving a day and spend the rest getting tipped or loaded. Take a book or two to read! If you work nights you get to go to Felixtowe and back every day, straightforward but much more driving!

I’m on days and take home about £360 a week, I think night drivers are on about £100 more a week because of the increased hours. there’s a £200 bonus for every 80 days worked without a day off sick, you also get 11 hours minimum- some shifts can be very short, 5-6 hours but you still get the full 11 hours,

It’s true that the hourly rate is £8.03, but we are suppost to be getting a rise any time now, and i’m told it’s pretty good (bet it will be 3p now!)

I’d go for it, it’s a good job, you don;t get mythered all the time by the traffic office and they do give new drivers a chance (shock horror, Stobart’s is a good place to work :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: )

Lankytim:
I work there, it’s the easiest job i’ve ever had. I do about 3 hours driving a day and spend the rest getting tipped or loaded. Take a book or two to read! If you work nights you get to go to Felixtowe and back every day, straightforward but much more driving!

I’m on days and take home about £360 a week, I think night drivers are on about £100 more a week because of the increased hours. there’s a £200 bonus for every 80 days worked without a day off sick, you also get 11 hours minimum- some shifts can be very short, 5-6 hours but you still get the full 11 hours,

It’s true that the hourly rate is £8.03, but we are suppost to be getting a rise any time now, and i’m told it’s pretty good (bet it will be 3p now!)

I’d go for it, it’s a good job, you don;t get mythered all the time by the traffic office and they do give new drivers a chance (shock horror, Stobart’s is a good place to work :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: )

Thanks for the info going to apply for everything that’s going and hopefully someone will give me a chance.