Stobart start times

I prefer 11.00 - 16.00 start times and have already knocked an Appleton job back cos of early morning or evening start times.
Would i have any chance of getting my preferred start times at the Widnes chill depot?

LASHHGV:
I prefer 11.00 - 16.00 start times and have already knocked an Appleton job back cos of early morning or evening start times.
Would i have any chance of getting my preferred start times at the Widnes chill depot?

Wish I was well off enough to knock a job back just cos it was an early start :confused:

LASHHGV:

wtf? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I cannot seriously believe you just said that, why dont you just stay at home where you seem to quite like it!! :wink:

Why the [zb] should he stay at home just because he prefers a particular start time? We have dozens of drivers who start at those sort of times because it suits them, between about 10:30 and 14:30 is the busiest time for shift starts at our place. They might possibly have to get kids ready and take them to school because their partner starts their work early. They might have a little early morning job on the side no one knows about. Maybe they like to spend a couple of hours in the morning at the gym or getting a round of golf in before work. There could be any number of reasons someone wants to only start at a particular time, doesn’t mean they should stay at home unemployed FFS. Fair play to the OP for sticking to his guns and not being forced into doing something he doesn’t want to do. Not everyone puts work first and instead chooses to fit the work in around the other things in their life.

Transport is a 24 hour game so long as the guy is not claiming to be a job seeker he may as well keep on looking for the right opening.

For first couple of replys i have never been on the dole in my life. When I applied for the job I was on a full time long term agency contract, still am.
Rather than be unemployed I’ve done the crap jobs and crap hours. So that’s sorted.
I have a long commute to the jobs I do 100 mile a day round trip so would prefer not to be driving stuck in rush hour.
Also I do have kids at home.
Keyboard warriors god bless them :smiley:

i no alot of drivers start at midday at widnes infact my m8 got transfered over to tramping because he didnt want the said start times they usually do 2 to 3 drops per day, hope this helps, am a night tramper and usually start at 1600 to 1700 except for tonight my first shift in at 1900 :imp: :imp:

Ta for that dusty.
Ps nice to know someone on here supports a good football team :smiley:

LASHHGV:
‘…I prefer 11.00 - 16.00 start times…’

I’m with the OP. Not only does my agency easily cope with it, I have been employed to my hearts desire all this year. Rather that than ■■■■■ around, saggy-eyed doing silly o’clock starts at sunrise or before.

Incidentally, shift work is a proven life shortening mechanism - so bear that in mind when caning the 24 hr clock to wedge in every hour that the reg’s and agencies encourage amongst those embracing the questionable ‘virtues’ of the financially rich, but dead at sixty guys.

Id love to start at 11am, 3.30am/4.30am/5.30am starts kill me :angry:

When my kids were small I used to hate 2pm starts. That meant that I would leave home at 1:15 and not get back untill 3am or even later. So if I got a 2pm on Monday it meant that I wouldnt see the kids for the whole week.

I always wanted the early starts - 4am was best. No traffic to start and home before bed time and an early night :wink:

Santa:
When my kids were small I used to hate 2pm starts. That meant that I would leave home at 1:15 and not get back untill 3am or even later. So if I got a 2pm on Monday it meant that I wouldnt see the kids for the whole week.

I always wanted the early starts - 4am was best. No traffic to start and home before bed time and an early night :wink:

And among the strange breed that are truck drivers no one is likely to have a pop at you for preferring to start early but will happily do so to the person who chooses later starts. Maybe a later start means the driver is not a proper rough, tough trucker. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

When I drove for RB, I did a 10am-10pm shift. I have to say that it was an absolutely cracking time to work. No getting up before the sun, you missed morning rush hour and usually spent the teatime rush hour sat in a RDC unloading and then having quiet roads on the run back to base. The only other job I’ve had that came close was at Howdens Kitchens starting around 5pm and finishing around 3am. You caught the tail end of the evening rush hour but after that it was all good.

Coffeeholic:

Santa:

And among the strange breed that are truck drivers no one is likely to have a pop at you for preferring to start early but will happily do so to the person who chooses later starts. Maybe a later start means the driver is not a proper rough, tough trucker. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite right - anyone who starts work in daylight is a wimp :laughing:

Stobarts chilled run 24 hrs and have shift start times just about every half hour throughout that time. Its pretty much non stop so you should be able to get the start times that you want.

m4rky:
Stobarts chilled run 24 hrs and have shift start times just about every half hour throughout that time. Its pretty much non stop so you should be able to get the start times that you want.

not really as everyone wants the 4-6.30 a.m starts,which is why theres bedlam at the moment,you can be
sat 4 a.m
sun 5.30 a.m
mon 1 a.m
tues 4 a.m
to me the long servers should get the pick of the shifts :wink: :laughing: :laughing: [ex corby drivers],the rest should just shut up,fit in, or zb off.
n.b when i started i was put on 1 a.m starts and did it for nearly a year until a few left and i went on 5.30 a.m,now they turn up for the interview demanding a set time ,shift etc ,mon -fri and expect every one else to work round them,its not going to happen :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I just can’t start work at 2 a.m. I had a job once where I had to do it and it near killed me and I was only 28 then. I’ve got no chance now I’m 51.

If God had wanted us to work nights, he would have called them days. :wink:

Harry Monk:
I just can’t start work at 2 a.m. I had a job once where I had to do it and it near killed me and I was only 28 then. I’ve got no chance now I’m 51

Wimp. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: I’m 50 Harry and I’m starting at 03:00 tomorrow. My choice, I could have said no.

Come Jan/Feb/March 2011, ANY start time should be welcomed, as its gonna get a whole lot more difficult out there IMHO.

For the record, I like earlies, 02.00 thro to 06.00 please, and, from what Im told, Im not on my own :open_mouth:

Its not macho, and its not clever, its just because i like it :sunglasses:

But as said earlier, we all have other things going on in life and for some of us a later start more fits in with our other life needs. Modern-day hauliers require drivers to work weekends too and while that is fine for some, I can’t imagine my kids’ headmaster agreeing to move to a rolling “four-on, four-off” school week.

So they can fit around me or they can ■■■■ off :wink: