Stobart scanias plus other vehicles

in leeds we have the scania dealer camerons i thinks its called, they always have loads of ex stobbies trucks in there for sale. now my point is do they have any trouble getting rid off these cos stobarts are always replacing their fleet and it seems non stop.

in this day and age i wouldnt have thought there was such a demand for 2nd scanias and i very much doubt scania dealers sell them cheap.

also on this point i was in coventry, tile hill and went past the volvo dealers down there and im sure i saw some old innovates parked up in there, now they have definately got to be past their best if they have been stood all this time.

this thread can also apply to hanbury riverside and maritime dealers.

A lot of the Innov@te trucks went out as long term hire from Volvo at the time as my Stepdads firm had 4, as did at least 3 other companies I can recall round here. Now they may have gone back after this period was over (I think it was to cover the waiting time on new trucks being delivered).

Having talked to somebody driving an ex Stobart unit (you could still see where the signwriting had been as the cab hadn’t been polished) they said it was a really good truck to buy second hand. Pretty basic spec R440 highline, but everything worked and was in tidy condition.

You ought to have a look at the scania bus place in Worksop, there’s hundreds of 2nd hand units in there, some Stobarts. They never seem to move!

I don’t think they have trouble shifting ex Stobart trucks cos you see plenty of them on the road.

WH Malcolm even bought a load of them last year and put them through their paintshop and sent them out to work. They looked like brand new trucks when they hit the road.

jessicas dad:
in leeds we have the scania dealer camerons i thinks its called, they always have loads of ex stobbies trucks in there for sale. now my point is do they have any trouble getting rid off these cos stobarts are always replacing their fleet and it seems non stop.
.[/i]

Camerons do a lot of leasing. I’m not sure whether Stobart actually buy their trucks or lease them. 3 year old trucks from a company like Stobarts are an easy sell - wagons which are well maintained with drivers who are trained and have weekly cab inspections. I would rather buy an ex-Stobart wagon than anyone esles.

Conor:

jessicas dad:
.[/i]

Camerons do a lot of leasing. I’m not sure whether Stobart actually buy their trucks or lease them. 3 year old trucks from a company like Stobarts are an easy sell - wagons which are well maintained with drivers who are trained and have weekly cab inspections. I would rather buy an ex-Stobart wagon than anyone esles.

they must have missed a few then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i have seen some ex stobart motors that have been ‘well used’ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Conor:

jessicas dad:
.[/i]

Any of the big ones will be the same. Stobarts do have a lot of their old wagons running around almost untouched, still got the red and white bumpers with the green around the wheel rim. Same with Norberts, though its more the foreign ones you see but you can tell em appart becasue there are only a couple of operators in the UK which use that shade of red.

I know that ND effectively do a full recondition on the units before they go back to the hire company too. Which is why you see a lot with the logos running white body panels. Its because there is not point in paying for paint when the ■■■■ breaks a panel, if you are just going to pay for it again when you replace the bumper, steps and locker lids before they go back. Any servicable parts are kept as quick replacements for other vehicles on the fleet.

Here is a Stobart Scania before and after joining Malcolm. TBH I prefere the Malcolm livery.

flickr.com/photos/gezzasgallery/6442689039/
flickr.com/photos/62813558@N02/7013334059/