Stobart’s Immingham

Evening all, right after passing my class 1 a few weeks ago i’ve been looking about for work in my area. I know getting the first job can be quite tricky with most employers wanting some experience and Stobarts do take on recently passed drivers I believe. So I’ve applied and ive seaeched this forum but I can’t find any information on this page about what sort of work they do from Immingham. I’m on class 2 at the minute just genral haulage but I’m on a day rate which I don’t like because once you start going over ten hours I get depressed at what it works out at an hour :laughing: I know stobarts aren’t the best payers but at least they pay by the hour and make the wage up with one or two allowances and it could be a good way for me to get some experience on class 1 so if anyone has any info or experiences from their Immingham depot that would be great…cheers.

Can’t help you with Stobart’s information but I do know that virtually every haulage company in Immingham are wanting Class 1 drivers at the moment. Including ours (DSV).

tezza:
Can’t help you with Stobart’s information but I do know that virtually every haulage company in Immingham are wanting Class 1 drivers at the moment. Including ours (DSV).

Do they take on new passes? I’ve spoken to DFDS aswell the woman I spoke too says they take on new passes I’m just waiting to hear back from her this week hopefully.

Yes mate we’ve had a few recently.

Ah right cool I’ll have a look tomorrow cheers.

Let me know if you need any contact names and numbers. PM would be best.

If u struggling to get a start maritime take new drivers on and u get all the training and help u need, stobarts are based at the knauff

liam6226:
Evening all, right after passing my class 1 a few weeks ago i’ve been looking about for work in my area. I know getting the first job can be quite tricky with most employers wanting some experience and Stobarts do take on recently passed drivers I believe. So I’ve applied and ive seaeched this forum but I can’t find any information on this page about what sort of work they do from Immingham. I’m on class 2 at the minute just genral haulage but I’m on a day rate which I don’t like because once you start going over ten hours I get depressed at what it works out at an hour :laughing: I know stobarts aren’t the best payers but at least they pay by the hour and make the wage up with one or two allowances and it could be a good way for me to get some experience on class 1 so if anyone has any info or experiences from their Immingham depot that would be great…cheers.

Its running out with plaster board I believe.

Tommytoes:

liam6226:

I collected from there while running out of Newark. Plaster board and the bits to go with it like bonding and plaster.

Trailers are loaded for you, just need strapping. Can sometimes be a drop and swap but others may have to wait. I once waited nearly 5 hours.

I am agency but like you say with the “extras” the money isn’t as bad as people make out and it’s a good place to make a start and get some experience

I’ve just left Stobarts, it has its faults but its a decent place to work. Based out of Knauf running plasterboard into builders merchants which is simple enough, some of the smaller sites might be a challenge for a new pass but nothing to worry about (Greengates in Accrington springs to mind :laughing: )

Hargreaves on Lancaster app also after drivers for ferry try’s very laid back and pleasant in the office and decent motors never shared apart from holiday s one of few firms offering a pension not government same firm as green bulkers but that’s where connections end worth talking to

I’ve worked for both DFDS and DSV. DFDS will likely start you straight away. You’ll be on the Nissan contract. ■■■■ easy work, collect the truck from the yard which should already be hooked up by the night driver, drive to Sunderland, strip and tip it. Run round to the other site and back it onto bay 12. Load it then strap the back then truddle back to the docks. Dump it on the docks, fuel up then get the night mans trailer.

I personally left DSV because I wasn’t getting any distance work as its all given to sub-contractors. If you’re on days then you’ll get any truck thats left in the yard. The pay is better at DSV than DFDS but they are having problems retaining drivers at the moment. That being said, if you can get on the Arla stuff its even easier than DFDS. Collect a fridge, run to either Hatfield or Leeds, sit on a bay then empty back to the quay.

Hargreaves:
Hargreaves on Lancaster app also after drivers for ferry try’s very laid back and pleasant in the office and decent motors never shared apart from holiday s one of few firms offering a pension not government same firm as green bulkers but that’s where connections end worth talking to

The user name Hargreaves and 2 posts in 3 months saying how good Hargreaves are when nearly every driver within 20 miles of a Hargreaves yard knows how bad they are. You sound like someone from an office who can’t find staff

Thank you everyone for the replies, I’ve actually had interest from a few companies but stobarts were the first to offer me and interview so I will go along and see how I get on… cheers

liam6226:
Thank you everyone for the replies, I’ve actually had interest from a few companies but stobarts were the first to offer me and interview so I will go along and see how I get on… cheers

Good Luck and personally I would DSV a try. Or at least apply and see what they offer.

Yearsley (Frigde work Class 1) in Grimsby are also looking.
Days/Nights and 4on/4off I think.

mac12:

Hargreaves:

The user name Hargreaves and 2 posts in 3 months saying how good Hargreaves are when nearly every driver within 20 miles of a Hargreaves yard knows how bad they are. You sound like someone from an office who can’t find staff

Sorry but same feeling here.

Tommytoes:

liam6226:

Yeah 28 ton of the stuff all double stacked with most drivers runnning out with a few internal straps on as you need corners if your going to ratchet em. Vosa would have a field day with that one.

QUIGZZ:
I’ve just left Stobarts, it has its faults but its a decent place to work. Based out of Knauf running plasterboard into builders merchants which is simple enough, some of the smaller sites might be a challenge for a new pass but nothing to worry about (Greengates in Accrington springs to mind :laughing: )

I did wickes Oldham from there, trailer looks (and feels) like it going to go over backing it into there with the kerb you have to go up, angle of unit and trailer, and camber of the road.