Stobart rumour/true (company induction)

Im told, yes told the induction is 2 days long and they charge you 200 quid for the privilege to work for them. But you get 14 hours dcpc in return.

Is tinkler and william making money from new starts aswell? :laughing:

Lay this one to bed before it hits the rdcs or is it true? :open_mouth:

merc0447:
Im told, yes told the induction is 2 days long and they charge you 200 quid for the privilege to work for them. But you get 14 hours dcpc in return.

Only if you leave within 12 months!

When I worked there (Yes I did and I thought it was OK) they said that the 2 days induction would be added to your DCPC but if you left before 12 months service they would charge you for the training and therefore your DCPC.

That’s the story - end of

m4rky:

merc0447:

When I worked there (Yes I did and I thought it was OK) they said that the 2 days induction would be added to your DCPC but if you left before 12 months service they would charge you for the training and therefore your DCPC.

Not the end of the story really cos thats still a bit much to say the least! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

pavaroti:

m4rky:

merc0447:

Not the end of the story really cos thats still a bit much to say the least! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Agreed but all I’m saying is that’s what you sign up too and that’s what the OP asked

What’s the point of 14 hours DCPC anyway?

Just kinda keeps you hanging on for the other 21 hours doesn’t it?

I’ll take 35 hours or I won’t bother. Best offer around here though is gonna cost around £800 for a week-long ADR course with a 35 hour upload credit. :frowning:

Winseer:

I’ll take 35 hours or I won’t bother. Best offer around here though is gonna cost around £800 for a week-long ADR course with a 35 hour upload credit. :frowning:

Not really - I did 21 hours of ADR with upload with Dieseldave for less than £200 as I remember - Either way it completed my DCPC and I still have my ADR? So £800 sounds like a complete rip off - Shop around :wink:

Some one at the TruckNet UK charity auction got 35 hours DCPC course for £100
I reckon thats going to take some beating :slight_smile:

I’ve had a couple of pints, and I have read this a few times to make sure, so are you seriously telling me that drivers are now paying for employment? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , and if that isn’t bad enough it’s for a job at Stobarts :open_mouth: , I thought that nothing would shock me about this job anymore, seems I was wrong, is anybody going to admit it on here, or even try and justify it :open_mouth: …I can’t wait.
Am I the only oneâ– â– ? or have I just swallowed a massive wind up :blush: I bloody hope so :unamused:

robroy:
I’ve had a couple of pints, and I have read this a few times to make sure, so are you seriously telling me that drivers are now paying for employment? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , and if that isn’t bad enough it’s for a job at Stobarts :open_mouth: , I thought that nothing would shock me about this job anymore, seems I was wrong, is anybody going to admit it on here, or even try and justify it :open_mouth: …I can’t wait.
Am I the only oneâ– â– ? or have I just swallowed a massive wind up :blush: I bloody hope so :unamused:

No your spot on :frowning: There’s no charge up front - Its only if you leave within 12 months :frowning:

This is not a new thing with them - Stobart’s have been doing this for a least a couple of years that i know of

If you leave before this time they stop it out of your final pay :frowning:

Oh and I’m not justify it - This is what they do

Rikki-UK:
Some one at the TruckNet UK charity auction got 35 hours DCPC course for £100
I reckon thats going to take some beating :slight_smile:

Bargain :smiley: There’s no one going to beat that :smiley:

Sound reasonable to me, first and stagecoach have been doing it to trainees for years, they put you through your Pcv license and if you leave within first year you owe then 2k, second year 1k and after 2 years you can go scot free.

Just another anti stobart thread

Gregory Distribution does exactly the same thing but they charge you £140 for 7 hrs DCPC if you leave within 12 months.

Companies have to cover their arses too I suppose.

I did hear that their drivers are always going to owe a day of cpc when they leave because they will always be within a year of having it. If its true or not I don’t know.

m4rky:

Winseer:

Not really - I did 21 hours of ADR with upload with Dieseldave for less than £200 as I remember - Either way it completed my DCPC and I still have my ADR? So £800 sounds like a complete rip off - Shop around :wink:

This was from a standing start to do level 1-6 with tanks I understand. I heard that 1-4 is cheap, but modules 5 & 6 are a lot dearer!

When is the deadline for getting this 35 hours in anyways? :question: :blush:

Same thing was happening with digi-cards - free but drivers had to pay if they left the company within X years.

In a some ways the digi card should be paid for by the company, as the companies supply or supplied the paper charts did they not ? it shouldn’t really be down to the driver to pay for the card, As for any kind of training most companies will want paying should you leave within 1-2 yrs , I can understand as to reasons why they do, and see them as valid,
It’s up to the employee if they choose to except these terms,

When I started for Jewsons I was sent to swindon for 5 days training on HiAb, defensive driving blah blah blah. I had to sign a form saying if I left Jewsons within 1 year I would have to pay back some of the cost. (cant remember how much)

The day after exactley 1 years service I handed my notice in to leave the bunch of tossers! :grimacing:

So, is it true or not, that the companies can claim back from the government the cost of driver CPC training â– â– ?
and if it is true, how the heck can they then claim it back again from the drivers â– â– ?

Has anyone been asked for their DCPC so far ? Nobody out of any of the companys I go to mentions it :imp:

Trukkertone:
So, is it true or not, that the companies can claim back from the government the cost of driver CPC training â– â– ?
and if it is true, how the heck can they then claim it back again from the drivers â– â– ?

I don’t think they can claim the cost back, but more off set the cost against tax. Not sure how much that saves them.