Stobart F1 vacancies

ady1:

commonrail:
i think stobart will be losing drivers to coop

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: is there a echo on this thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry,i was just trying to clarify the stobart/coop situation,as i believe codge was thinking that stobarts were going to be running the new coop site…if that`s ok with you

haribo4000:
Does driving to Wales count as international driving experience■■?

if so, where do I sign■■? :smiley:

My advice would be to apply for it anyway.

commonrail:

ady1:

commonrail:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: is there a echo on this thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry,i was just trying to clarify the stobart/coop situation,as i believe codge was thinking that stobarts were going to be running the new coop site…if that`s ok with you

not really,best to leave anything to do with stobarts to thiose i.t.k,that way will get FACTS not any old ■■■■■■■■ like we normally do,o.k

youre a bit fik,arent you :question: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

haribo4000:
Does driving to Wales count as international driving experience■■?

if so, where do I sign■■? :smiley:

My advice would be to apply for it anyway.

If I thought there would be any chance of me getting it I would apply, just for experience if anything.

haribo4000:
If I thought there would be any chance of me getting it I would apply, just for experience if anything.

They might well take a chance on you if they think you would be the right person for the job, they would prefer that to having the wrong person even if that person has continental experience. It’s got to be worth sending a C.V and taking the time to write a thoughtful and considered covering letter surely? Applications are by email so it’s not as if you are even having to pay for a stamp.

Harry Monk:

haribo4000:

They might well take a chance on you if they think you would be the right person for the job, they would prefer that to having the wrong person even if that person has continental experience. It’s got to be worth sending a C.V and taking the time to write a thoughtful and considered covering letter surely? Applications are by email so it’s not as if you are even having to pay for a stamp.

Thanks for that Harry, I may just give it a go.

haribo4000:
Thanks for that Harry, I may just give it a go.

I would. What’s the worst that can happen? You improve your C.V. writing skills. If you come across as being sensible but enthusiastic, willing to learn, willing to muck in and do whatever the job involves, they might well consider you.

I haven’t done F1 but I have done a lot of tour work and I’ve been given tours which were far beyond the experience range which I had at the time because I had a positive attitude. That kind of work isn’t for everybody, you will often see people saying “I’m a driver, I don’t do washing-up/ mop floors etc”, which is fair enough I suppose but on all of the tours I’ve done, I’ve done all that and much more.

I’d suggest you take a few days over this. Get your C.V. up to date and write a covering letter, then leave it for a day or two, and go back and tweak it (you’ll see where you can make improvements after a day or two). Leave it for another day or two, give it a final check, get someone else to look at it to see if there are any mistakes you haven’t spotted, then send it off.

Even if they consider that you aren’t yet experienced enough, if you impress them then they might offer you regular work to start with until you have more experience, but one thing is for sure, you won’t get it if you don’t try to get it.

commonrail:

ady1:

commonrail:

Bang on the nail there commonrail that’s exactly what I was thinking :smiley:

Id apply but i don’t want to embarrass rosberg and schuay :wink:

Anyone got a rough idea what they wages are like ■■

Do you get training on the use of the tail-lift? and a spare set of Anderson Leads?

Legend_Scania:

Don’t know about Stobart but in general, going away on roadshow work I would expect to take home about £3,000 a month with subsistence allowances, plus they normally put you up in hotels and feed you etc so it costs very little to live.

Looking at the first lot don`t think you need any experience Harry, one of the kids had licence couple of yrs had never had a night out, I think you just need to be young , photogenic, & the jobs yours :exclamation: Think that rules me out :blush:
On a more serrious note any body young & single why not go for it be great experience theres not many left in Transport these days

Legend_Scania:

P1$$ poor! :smiley: :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing: five lads ( I mean skivvies ) have jacked :unamused: :bulb: :grimacing: Most lads ( internally ) who have sense give it a wide berth so they’ve been using casuals on six month contracts then once it finishes ( European ) no job till next year! :cry: :imp: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers Harry mate

Harry, how’s it work with the tacho rules when doing tours, F1? Do you leave it in digi and keep going back to the truck to show other work & rest? What about your weekly rest period?

I don’t know how Stobart would want you to do it, and I’ve only ever done it with an analogue tachograph but I just used to make manual entries for days when the show was on, quite often the truck would be parked away from the show trailer, so I wouldn’t even see it for four or five days while the show was on. All of the shows I’ve done have had plenty of time off built into them, far more than the legal requirements.

How comes they jobs like this don’t run like the fair do no tacho’s ? :confused:

Legend_Scania:

When i did some motorsport work last year(F1 and GT1),i was on £150 a day.All hotels and expenses were paid, I did 14 days in Portugal, in a 5 star golf resort hotel for the duration and did not spend a dime! Mind you it was the hardest 14 days i have ever endured!!! Be prepared for a culture shock anyone who does it, We got treated pretty poorly by the GT1 team.

The other side to it is to register with an Agency whojust does the driving side of things, i got a text last night from the guys last year asking what my availability was this year. its hard to get into but make a good impression and they’ll have you back. 2 guys from one trip last year will not be doing any more F1 after getting caught in a Ferrari F1 truck acting like a pair of ■■■■■!! Theres so much ■■■■■■■■ in Motorsport its frightening, but if you can cope with that and being treated very badly at times then its a good craic!