Stobart drop a big one!

Sorry, no article to show but, inside knowledge lets me know that stobarts fray into horse transport dropped a big one! Story goes, stobart trucks with their horse trailers on heading for sotogrande were subject to a defra inspection before leaving maidenhead. All found not to have container certs for their custom built trailers. (This is needed for journeys over 8 hours). End result another company have had to step in charter a plane and will fly the horses from manston tomorrow! For those of you that have seen them their horseboxes are at present in the Richard Mille (watches) wrape. I think there was also an issue with drivers not having their pat the pony cert. proof will be in how many horseboxes are running to manston airport tomorrow!!! I am sure the pr machine will place this firmly under the carpet!

Typical red tape though, I’d live in a Stobart horse box quite happily, if they’re good enough for the sultan of big bollox horses or wherever it’d be good for me!

So what I doubt very much that stobarts will be the only haulage company to get something wrong this week.

It is only red tape and hoops, which have to be jumped through at great expense. I as an o/d manage it so why should they not bother? And yes i am sure many others will drop one this week too!

Yes but having to pay for someone else to charter a plane !!! mega bucks.

Stobarts horse boxes are moving horses for ahmiba polo which is owned and run by the Brunei royal family.

I drove for a season with them when they had their own boxes. Trust me they worry about a lot of things but money isn’t one of them.

By the way when we did the work the horse were all flown down to sotogrande and the trucks, 3 artic horse boxes, ran down loaded with kit and supplies.

It was a cracking job only spoiled by my “urge for the road”. I quit to go on international fridge work back in the late 90s.

Cheer
Neilf

well… neilf there is a word that describes you “but” when I was 21 wanted to drive artics so kept at it left a great job on a farm great money… to drive artics ending up earning less money than farming…DOH…

There are a lot of words to describe me cliffystephens but not many of them would be suitable for this forum.

I know what you mean though. I always wanted to drive trucks since I was a kid going with my mates dad on the school holidays. I gave up a promising career as an electrical designer to drive milk delivery trucks and gradually made my way to international work which is what I wanted to do. Enjoyed every minute of it and met some lifelong friends along the way so I can’t complain.

After 8 years of sleeping in my own bed I had to go back to being “up the road” for a week at a time after redundancy caught me. I’m still happy to do it but I know my kids miss me and so does my misses sometimes!.

You’ve gotta do whats needed to survive these days and although id happily leave the road behind it looks like its with me for now at least.

Cheers
Neilf

Can you imagine the firm from Kelso with the very smart horse boxes making a balls up like that it just shows you should stick to what you know. Stobart jack of all trades and master of none. Canny happen often enough for me I go back long enough to mind the number of small firms and owner drivers that they put out of business in ■■■■■■■ to get where they are today. Eddie.

mutley75:
Sorry, no article to show but, inside knowledge lets me know that stobarts fray into horse transport dropped a big one! Story goes, stobart trucks with their horse trailers on heading for sotogrande were subject to a defra inspection before leaving maidenhead. All found not to have container certs for their custom built trailers. (This is needed for journeys over 8 hours). End result another company have had to step in charter a plane and will fly the horses from manston tomorrow! For those of you that have seen them their horseboxes are at present in the Richard Mille (watches) wrape. I think there was also an issue with drivers not having their pat the pony cert. proof will be in how many horseboxes are running to manston airport tomorrow!!! I am sure the pr machine will place this firmly under the carpet!

Just spotted this post and Mutley is correct, they did drop a big one and I should know as I chartered that plane

erfguy:
Can you imagine the firm from Kelso with the very smart horse boxes making a balls up like that it just shows you should stick to what you know. Stobart jack of all trades and master of none. Canny happen often enough for me I go back long enough to mind the number of small firms and owner drivers that they put out of business in ■■■■■■■ to get where they are today. Eddie.

Hi Eddie please can you name these small firms and owner drivers that they put out of business in ■■■■■■■■ I can’t think of any.

Regards

mac12:
So what I doubt very much that stobarts will be the only haulage company to get something wrong this week.

Yeh, you are right, but the difference is other haulage co s. heads aren’t so far up their own arses to the extent that they (and even some of their drivers :open_mouth: ) believe the hype and b/s that they have portrayed about themselves, being… “The elite” :unamused: , thus making themselves a target for ridicule everytime that they prove that they are evidently and actually NOT!