Stobart driver cock up

Ok, not sure who saw this today, or who knows the area…

If you come off the M62 at Saddleworth and turn left towards Oldham, that road is called Rippenden Road.

About 750yrds up on the right is a layby where there’s sometimes a butty van - where the mast is…

Anyway, coming up there today and had to come to a halt, after a Stobart driver decided to U-turn from that layby (which wasn’t empty and so he’d only gone approx. 1 truck width into it) to head back to Oldham… :unamused:

So, road completely blocked, just enough room between side of truck and the moorland at the end of the layby for me to squeeze round.

Sorry I didn’t take any pics, but I’m sure plenty were taken and will be circulating at some point.

Now, we’ve all cocked up and made mistakes, but seriously tell me you’d consider putting your truck onto that moorland for ANY reason, let alone to save a couple of mins■■?

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll … 4&t=h&z=20

according to Dozy only a “select few” get to drive one of Mr Stobarts pride and joys. They don’t have pond life driving them :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
according to Dozy only a “select few” get to drive one of Mr Stobarts pride and joys. They don’t have pond life driving them :smiley:

Dozy’s name says it all.

:smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:
Are you surprised? It’s a well known fact that they’re all a bunch of [zb]s and can’t drive for toffee.

Our shunters take bets on how long it takes for them to get on a bay :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
20 minutes is the longest so far apparently :laughing:

Perhaps it was his first day?

Saaamon:

More likely his last day??

Saaamon:

Perhaps it wasn’t and he is just a bell end.

There is an ex stobart driver on for bedfords who is based out of Sheffield and he is a complete bell end as well.

I feel sorry for the good drivers at stobarts getting a bad name…

Both of them.

jessicas dad:

So you’re currently not feeling sorry for anyone then, right? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
There is an ex stobart driver on for bedfords who is based out of Sheffield and he is a complete bell end as well.

Both of them.

I bet his MPG is fantastic and he gets no complaints about his driving style.

Rob K:
Are you surprised? It’s a well known fact that they’re all a bunch of [zb]s and can’t drive for toffee.

and you can be certain of that can you …a lorry drivers worst enemy is another lorry driver…and you have seen em all have you… they didn’t get born with a green uniform on some have probably done big ■■■■ at some time…

:unamused: driver dropped a bollock, nothing more nothing less. I’m sure the driver aspires to be like some on here :wink:

The stobart drivers I’ve come into contact with are a friendly bunch and seem like normal people to me. Not like a lot of lorry drivers who seem to be a stage behind in the evolution stakes.

jessicas dad:

Both of them.

Lol

I remember doing rail replacement on buses a long time ago. Got to a little village in the middle of nowhere. 2 buses but only room to turn 1 at a time. Other driver got impatient so put it over a verge and cracked the water main for the village. No water for 3 days. Lucky to learn that lesson from someone’s else’s ■■■■ up.

I’m sure there was a driver on IFF who parked up on that stretch of land one night
When he woke up he was practically level with the ground and needed recovery to pull him out.
I spent a night up there once it was bloody spooky.

Lot of worse drivers kicking about than Stobarts I know of at least three dropped trailers in the last couple of weeks and not a single Stobby driver among them.

Don’t see everyone posting about them though.

^^^ Obvious Stobart driver is obvious ^^^

waynedl:
Now, we’ve all cocked up and made mistakes . . .

Exactly - you included.

So I would have jumped out of my cab to see if I could have helped him out.

Dieseldoforme:

waynedl:
Now, we’ve all cocked up and made mistakes . . .

Exactly - you included.

So I would have jumped out of my cab to see if I could have helped him out.

I’ve made MANY MANY mistakes, including a few whilst driving a green liveried vehicle.

There was absolutely no point in me diving out, trust me on that, there was ■■■■ all anyone without a big wrecker would be able to do, front of truck was sunken upto the steps and middle of truck wedged on the verge, trailer across the road (hence how we know what happened).

A ■■■■ up yes, human error yes, but still expect pics to surface since it was a Stobart truck. And, no matter what truck it was, it was an absolutely bloody stupid ridiculous thing to attempt - driver should be ashamed tbh

jessicas dad:

Both of them.

Just one of us left. I quit today… :slight_smile: