Stobart car transporters

Hi all

Does anyone know anything of Stobart car transporter class 1 jobs?
Anyone works for them on car transporters, of so, what are the pay conditions?

Thanks

have you applied I believe the £ is fair

Known experienced (recommended) drivers are being offered a recruitment bonus and Walon 2 pay agreement, my informant tells me, inexperienced drivers are on more or less standard general haulage pay on the simpler carriers, whether its possible to transfer onto the 11 car carriers and get the proper pay in due course once one has proved themselves, i haven’t a clue.

The car transport game in general is racked full of exaggerating recruiters, always been the same, they will tell you all sort of ■■■■■■■■ to get you in if you’re experienced, so take anything promised with a large pinch of salt…you won’t get those promises in writing.

In all the proper companies you can earn good money, but you will earn every ha’penny and you get filthy wet cold and hurt regularly.

Some lads love it still, and wouldn’t do anything else, if it suits you its an interesting and rewarding job if you get on the right company.

Do they take people on with no car transporter experience then? Was thinking about this for myself as they are looking near me but I’ve no relevant experience, but very experienced otherwise as a driver.

CaptainOfIndustry:
Do they take people on with no car transporter experience then? Was thinking about this for myself as they are looking near me but I’ve no relevant experience, but very experienced otherwise as a driver.

I haven’t a clue about Stobbies policy there…i suspect their existing known and proved drivers would get first shout at the transporters that would be the sensible thing to do and to be fair Stobart is nobody’s fool, but then if the money’s the same for them why would they bother with the aggro.

Unless you’re going to get trained on the very complicated 11 car carriers then learning the simpler ones is of little use for the rest of the industry, which almost entirely use 11 car carriers of three main makes.

There are other companies who will recruit and train inexperienced people (indeed they have to as there is serious shortage of competent transporter drivers and its getting worse), but be wary of packing in a relatively good job to do this, the job doesn’t suit everyone and the drop out rate even if you can do (and thats no bad reflection on those who can’t) it is very high, even during, or shortly after training, when reality kicks in.

Some helpful info there, thank you

Juddian:
the job doesn’t suit everyone and the drop out rate even if you can do (and thats no bad reflection on those who can’t) it is very high, even during, or shortly after training, when reality kicks in.

From talking to the transporter driver I once knew I believe its to do with having the nerve to drive up to £50,000 of car seemingly into space when you put the first on on the top?

something on here if I remember correctly
stobart pay grade, search stobart, clothes I found a guy moaning on how crap they are, but a few disagree