Stobart brick motors

Ok don’t shoot the messenger but … I’ve got an interview with stobrats on the brick motors out of teesport any ideas on wages hours and the job itself go on then hear goes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

8.50 pH approx flat rate, night outs about 25

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Probably not great money! But I’d imagine the job to be relatively interesting compared to general haulage and fridges etc.
■■■■ it and see. You might like it

Said 10-64 and 1135 in ad ■■? Mmmmm :open_mouth:

tattoo5984:
Said 10-64 and 1135 in ad ■■? Mmmmm :open_mouth:

Having heard how they advertise pay rates, that’s likely to include night out money and meal allowance to make up for the lower pay. Don’t take my word as gospel as I’ve never even applied for them, but it’s something that many adriver has told me.

tattoo5984:
Ok don’t shoot the messenger but … I’ve got an interview with stobrats on the brick motors out of teesport any ideas on wages hours and the job itself go on then hear goes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I wouldn’t call that an interview M8, its more like a press gang!!!

They include the meal allowance not the night out money in the hourly same at all the depots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djbenjimanthomas:
They include the meal allowance not the night out money in the hourly same at all the depots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah that’s not quite as bad then, still naughty but I suppose it’s a tax free bonus whatever way you look at it.

Ah rite so what’s the hourly rate and overtime rate ■■? It’s 15 quid a day meal allowance and 22.50 nite out ?how many hours on the job 55-60 ■■

tattoo5984:
Ah rite so what’s the hourly rate and overtime rate ■■? It’s 15 quid a day meal allowance and 22.50 nite out ?how many hours on the job 55-60 ■■

Again I can’t be certain, but being that it’s Stobarts it’s likely to be 60+ hours, obviously you are at the mercy of the sites you collect and deliver to. Some of which seem to work short days. I’ve collected from one or two block suppliers that shut at 3 so it’ll be dependent upon the way the job goes.

Aye cheers chunkzilla wouldn’t it be easier just to tell potential employees the basic ,overtime and separate allowances cheers pal

tattoo5984:
Aye cheers chunkzilla wouldn’t it be easier just to tell potential employees the basic ,overtime and separate allowances cheers pal

No worries mate.
But if they did that, no one would want to apply!

Only one reason why they lie about the hourly rate,it’s because they don’t want you to know the truth.
Saw a jobadvert from an Essex based haulier the other day,they only mentioned a weekly pay and did not want to tell the hourly rate as they have to adhere to the working hour regulative ■■? Ehm,don’t everybody have to do that ■■?

Il ask for payslips at the interview haha along with other things ofcourse cheers

If it is £8.50 hour that’s terrible as I get that cat C general haulage and time half OT

£8.50 for class one? I get more than that for 7.5t :laughing:

Not sure about brick.But normally Stobart driver take home 450-500 per week if work just five working day in day shift about 55-60 hours.

£8.50 p/h? I know someone who gets £10 p/h in a Chinese takeaway, bagging up the orders, working Fri and Sat nights.

I read in the free truckstop paper that the government reckon there’ll be a shortage of 1.2 million drivers by 2020ish. LOL. Perhaps by then wages might increase.

£8.50 p/h. I shake my head.

ClassOneHD:
£8.50 for class one? I get more than that for 7.5t :laughing:

My brother gets more than that driving a Sprinter van, :open_mouth:

Andrejs:
Not sure about brick.But normally Stobart driver take home 450-500 per week if work just five working day in day shift about 55-60 hours.

That’s roughly where my money is. I know walking floors drivers are on a different pay rate. But the rest are on hours. Just over 8 pound unless it’s unsociable hours then it’s 10. After doing bricks in a curtain sided trailer I’m a bit jealous of the brick trailers