Stobart Biomass

evening all is there any drivers on here that actually work for then in the biomass side ?

Yes. But only for another week.

happysack:

Is it right that they have took about 30 trucks off the biomass job and put the drivers on general, or just more drivercrap?

Driver crap I think. Never heard that one.

happysack:

So, Dozy finally got you in at his firm eh ? :sunglasses: :laughing:
Regards. John.

old 67:

happysack:

So, Dozy finally got you in at his firm eh ? :sunglasses: [emoji38]
Regards. John.

Ha ha aye. I couldn’t carry on without my mucker. I’m looking forward double manning adventures with him.

There might be some truth. While ago I’ve seen few units pulling Fowler welch fridges from Portsmouth depo

Arturmajster:
There might be some truth. While ago I’ve seen few units pulling Fowler welch fridges from Portsmouth depo

Were they biomass units or just normal units

Did Stobart lose a few Biomass contracts or why do they put the drivers on general work… crap?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Tipperdipper1:
Did Stobart lose a few Biomass contracts or why do they put the drivers on general work… crap?

Why , general is one of the easiest jobs out there , you’ve only got too pull a couple of curtains back and move a few posts , and on a good day you just open a couple of doors or a lot of times the tris already loaded .

robroy:

happysack:

Is it right that they have took about 30 trucks off the biomass job and put the drivers on general, or just more drivercrap?

Don’t know the numbers but defo true.

@ dozy
When I was driving Walkingfloor artics it was always quite essy to load and tip but sometimes messy + smella. Especially when you load recycling backs etc.

I think it’s easier than general haulage with all the load securing etc. But as you said Stobarts do a lot of RDC and trunking runs so they want have to bother so much with the loads.

I just wondered if may be somebody else underut one of their contracts or may be it’s quite on the Biomass site and they have a driver shortage on their normal runs??

But who knows… Who cares…

happysack:

Arturmajster:

Were they biomass units or just normal units

Biomass. I’ve seen one with fw fridge on the way to Portsmouth, 2 solo units parked up in their yard and another showed up with theirs fridge while I was waiting.

It’s a bit weird couse they apparently training new deivers specifically for biomass work motortransport.co.uk/blog/2017/0 … rt-energy/

God knows. 4 days left!

happysack:
God knows. 4 days left!

You off for Paddys day too

mazzer:

happysack:
God knows. 4 days left!

You off for Paddys day too

No that’s just a coincidence

We get a fair few of the walking floors in work taking waste or recycling, a lot of the drivers seem to be agency where as i think the AW Jenkinson’s drivers seem to be full time? could be wrong on that though.

Had a driver come back to another walking floor company after being on the Stobart brick and block work, he said he was put on General work so that’s why he’d come back. Maybe they just move drivers around, do what they like? which probably annoys some drivers i’d guess.

RB84:
Maybe they just move drivers around, do what they like? which probably annoys some drivers i’d guess.

I’ve never understood that mentality. I worked for a bloke once, and he had 4 trucks. One doing tipping, one doing steel and one doing boxes. He just went onto the busiest work at the time with his own. He used to change the 3 of us about so we wouldn’t get ‘bored’ :unamused:

The result was 3 ■■■■■■ off drivers, with 2 of us leaving after 5 minutes

The only time I was moved onto tesco or general was during very bad weather when sawmills went quiet.

Brick had nothing to do with biomass.

happysack:
The only time I was moved onto tesco or general was during very bad weather when sawmills went quiet.

Brick had nothing to do with biomass.

This driver had gone for a job on the brick and block work and was apparently put on general and didn’t like it but yes the biomass side is different so can’t say whether they move drivers about or not. Stobarts do have a lot of agency drivers compared with A W Jenkinson’s from what I’ve seen this is on waste/recycling walking floor work.