Stobart assessment wed 11th ( casual driver)

got assessment at warrington appleton thorn,
any honest tips and any drivers rating of stobby’s, i think i will be working weekends pulling tesco’s due to xmas rush, was concerned about
if they try to pay you the same rate for weekend work,
i will ask in interview but just trying to get an insider scope on what to expect, this is my first post so hi all.

its a higher rate for weekends pal i do mon-fri days i think its 9. 50ph till 3pm sat then 10.50ph till 6am sun then 11ph sun rate pretty sure thats about it but its been a while since i worked a sunday if i do a sat as overtime and do 6-3pm with 60 hrs in the week my take home is about £460 inc ops bonus and meal allowance

dustylfc:
any honest tips and any drivers rating of stobby’s, i think i will be working weekends pulling tesco’s due to xmas rush, was concerned about
i will ask in interview but just trying to get an insider scope on what to expect, this is my first post so hi all.

Hope you like waiting around in Middleditch for a load!

bradders:
its a higher rate for weekends pal i do mon-fri days i think its 9. 50ph till 3pm sat then 10.50ph till 6am sun then 11ph sun rate pretty sure thats about it but its been a while since i worked a sunday if i do a sat as overtime and do 6-3pm with 60 hrs in the week my take home is about £460 inc ops bonus and meal allowance

Yeah thats right apart from Sunday is £11.50 thru to 6am Monday + £12.15 per shift meal allowance and ops bonus which is £5 a day? ( I dont get it so not sure)

dessy:

dustylfc:

Sounds like a good job, £11.50 an hour, £12.15 per shift and all that without turning a wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

dessy:

dustylfc:

waiting around and getting paid sounds ok to me, be like driving on the m25 probably waited longer on there

bradders:

cheers mate sounds ok to me, i suppose the asessment is high on health and safety,like split coupling a no no, leaving engine running etc.

youll get asked things like what the trailer height is,tax date mot date on trailer etc etc,been posted before on here about pre use inspections on stobby assesments,be thorough and youll be fine,good luck

dustylfc:

bradders:

cheers mate sounds ok to me, i suppose the asessment is high on health and safety,like split coupling a no no, leaving engine running etc.

yeah they are trialling an economical driving scheme too so they ll probably go big on that-easy on the loud pedal and no harsh braking-teaching us to drive again haha

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

Sounds like a good job, £11.50 an hour, £12.15 per shift and all that without turning a wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

its not as good as it sounds wheelnut,we often sit round for 3/4/5 hrs waiting for a truck to come back.
under corby ,innovate youd just get a easy local 99 % of the time after all that time sat there, but now you still get your 15 hrs worth of work even though youve lost 5 hrs of the day.
after comming in at 1 a.m and sitting there till 6 a.m waiting for a truck ive lost the will to live ,never mind to work :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry:

ady1:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

its not as good as it sounds wheelnut,we often sit round for 3/4/5 hrs waiting for a truck to come back.
under corby ,innovate youd just get a easy local 99 % of the time after all that time sat there, but now you still get your 15 hrs worth of work even though youve lost 5 hrs of the day.
after comming in at 1 a.m and sitting there till 6 a.m waiting for a truck ive lost the will to live ,never mind to work :cry: :cry: :cry:

I reckon you need a matress, sleeping bag and a van, unless they have you grafting in the warehouse. :wink:

Wheel Nut:

ady1:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

I reckon you need a matress, sleeping bag and a van, unless they have you grafting in the warehouse. :wink:

yer probably wud get frowned upon fast asleep tucked in my bag listening to radio 2

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

I would rather die than sit in Middleditch waiting for a load! Only because i prefer to work for a living but thats my own preference,That is why there are vacancies at Middleditch cause no one wants to sit about doing nothing all day or night but if that is what you want to do good luck to you fella :wink:

dessy:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

I would rather die than sit in Middleditch waiting for a load! Only because i prefer to work for a living but thats my own preference,That is why there are vacancies at Middleditch cause no one wants to sit about doing nothing all day or night but if that is what you want to do good luck to you fella :wink:

And people wonder why VOSA are often seen hanging around the RDC’s :exclamation:

Five hours waiting for a truck then a 13 or 15 hour shift, somehow that 460 quid a week doesn’t compute very well to that hourly rate.

Or you are actually on a very good wage for the hours you actually work

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

And people wonder why VOSA are often seen hanging around the RDC’s :exclamation:

Five hours waiting for a truck then a 13 or 15 hour shift, somehow that 460 quid a week doesn’t compute very well to that hourly rate.

Have to agree with you on the Vosa question Wheelnut!
The Vosa are looking to see if drivers are using Breaks when on the bay instead of POA i assume,some drivers got done a year ago at Tesco Livingston doing breaks on the bay and got done.

DS074:

bradders:

Yeah thats right apart from Sunday is £11.50 thru to 6am Monday + £12.15 per shift meal allowance and ops bonus which is £5 a day? ( I dont get it so not sure)

I was led to believe that new start drivers don’t get meal allowance or shift bonus anymore

dessy:

DS074:

bradders:

I was led to believe that new start drivers don’t get meal allowance or shift bonus anymore

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

im sure i heard that as well, which knocks near enough 100 quid off your wage. :unamused: no thanks from me.

dessy:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

Wheel Nut:

dessy:

dustylfc:

Have to agree with you on the Vosa question Wheelnut!
The Vosa are looking to see if drivers are using Breaks when on the bay instead of POA i assume,some drivers got done a year ago at Tesco Livingston doing breaks on the bay and got done.

I doubt there is a difference whether you book a break or POA while you are on a bay, unless it is Lidl or Aldi where the driver tips his own truck.

As you mentioned above about not working, it isn’t my cup of tea either, waiting around but that is why I turned a job down at Stobarts and I am not applying at Tesco Middlewich for a job.

jessicas dad:

dessy:

DS074:

bradders:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

im sure i heard that as well, which knocks near enough 100 quid off your wage. :unamused: no thanks from me.

From seeing ad on their site for drivers in Corby, it states:

Guaranteed 50 Hours per week
Competitive hourly rates + £12.15 tax free meal allowance
Regular Overtime Available

[/quote]
no mate i dont touch middlewich mate i am based at appleton but work on another contract i do 6-6 days so yeah it computes well enough for me and i know that there isnt that kind of waiting about at appleton cant speak for middlewich or corby chilled though