ta

akacheesy:
Any tips, advice etc?

ta

Dont go… :laughing:

Go straight to channel five instead

haha, was expecting a comment like that! :laughing:

I’ll rephrase the question.

Has anyone been to one recently? What can I expect? What is the pass mark for the highway code & WTD tests? How harsh is the driving assessment? that sorta thing

In the meantime, I’ll get back to Channel 5

WTD tests cant be that hard, mobile workers are limited to 48 hours per week.

Just be professional and make convo with the assessor if you can.

Good luck.

When i did my test/interveiw last year from what i recall,There was 25 questions which you had to get a minimun of 18 correct some of them was how you hitch up to a trailer/tacho regs and WTD etc.The driving assessment was straight forward push/pull test then check the pin and do your walk around checks etc.
After that it was the interveiw which was fairly informal just the usual questions about work history /experience and the salary and work that they do.

akacheesy:
Has anyone been to one recently? What can I expect? What is the pass mark for the highway code & WTD tests? How harsh is the driving assessment? that sorta thing

Can’t help with the above, but good luck. let us know how you got on! :smiley:

Drive it like its full of cream cakes :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:

gazwrf:
Drive it like its full of cream cakes :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:

There was always going to be a cream cake comment in the replies, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good luck but i dare you to drive it like you stole it

i did assessment last month test and driving for 15 minutes and then guy said nights 8,10£ /h + 13 £ a day meal allowance. store deliveries and weekly 25£ for driving in London .

akacheesy:
Any tips, advice etc?

ta

say to the examiner that you really detest tesco and would rather starve than shop there :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers for the comments

Ram your tongue up the assessor’s back passage and lick for all you are worth :wink:

Harry Monk:
Ram your tongue up the assessor’s back passage and lick for all you are worth :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: until he produces a nice creamy mess in the back :laughing: :laughing: dont forget to wave to deb(HE) and mini me if there about :laughing:

akacheesy, you didn,t get a lot of helpful advice there from the cream of the HGV Fraternity. :unamused:

Here,s my input. Go dressed sort of reasonably smart. Be wearing a HiViz Jacket. Be wearing decent work type footwear. Have a pair of work gloves with you.Have on a HiViz jacket. When you get in the cab, take the hiViz off and hang it on the back of the seat, as they dont like the possibility of it,s reflection in the windscreen, causing a problem.
The assessor will probably ask some questions on the Highway Code/ Mway and other road signs/Tacho use/ the WTD, stuff like that. He/she will probably want you to hitch up to a trailer.Make sure the unit handbrake is on. Also check that the trailer hand brake is on, before ramming under it. Before you attempt to ram under it,Check the comparative height of turntable and the pin. If you need to adjust the height use the unit suspension gizmo to do it. Check the back door to see if the trailer is loaded or unloaded. Check the lights etc. Make sure there is a numberplate on, as you will probably go out for a run out. Before moving off, make sure that the trailer handbrake is off.Check the trailer height plate, and adjust the height gizmo in the cab to that height. Most of this you will probably already know. If you are not sure what it is that the Assessor is asking you to do, don,t be afraid to ask him to explain it clearly to you. Keep calm. Stay cool.
Good Luck with your assessment. Let us know how you get on.

And don’t forget to tug your forelock!

On your walkaround check, make sure you check the trailer height…I remember someone on here failing an assesment for that

Make sure when you get out of the cab to connect the trailer that you take keys with you and lock unit - they like that one - no idling time and ensuring your cab is secure. Always use trailer brake and when checking lights ask the to check brake and reverse lights. A mate of mine refused to take wagon out on assessment as horn was defective when he checked it - he got the job

Only bloomin well got the job!! :smiley:

Well done :slight_smile: