Stobart assesement widnes

Hi people I’m new to this game just passed my test in july after 2 years on class 2, was just wandering in anyone knows
what the driving assesement entails at stobart in widnes. being as ive not had much ce experience im a bit nervous about attending the assesement.
I’ve also heard people talking about lowering the cab to go under trailer well done none of this during test.

all help is appreciated

Just have the attitude of stobarts needing an assessment as to whether they’re worthy of your services, and you’ll do fine :exclamation:

sunnysays:
Hi people I’m new to this game just passed my test in july after 2 years on class 2, was just wandering in anyone knows
what the driving assesement entails at stobart in widnes. being as ive not had much ce experience im a bit nervous about attending the assesement.
I’ve also heard people talking about lowering the cab to go under trailer well done none of this during test.

all help is appreciated

Should be a question sheet on tacho rules and a few road signs. Pass that and you get a driving assessment,fail and you go home was how it was 2yrs ago. Stop the unit before going under the trailer and get out and check the trailer brake is on. Back in the cab lower suspension to its lowest point,go so far under and lift suspension till you feel it hit the underneath of the trailer then back under till pin clicks. Usual from there. Make sure you twist the red and yellow air line connecters once on. On the drive just do what you’ve been taught,listen to your instructions from the assessor making sure he sees you using your mirrors and you should be home and dry. Hope l didn’t miss anything out. Good luck. :smiley:

I would echo the advice above and add…

The assessor will be looking for a good safe drive. They want to know you will be safe with their expensive lorry and trailer carrying the expensive consignments. Expect a drivers side reverse just to see what your reversing is like. Probably will want to see you can do a full defect check.

Best of luck

I’d probably tell them about being fresh through your test and unsure of the suspension adjustment befor
e you start your drive.

When I went for assessment I forgot my blind spot check when you stop start etc but I still got on

Being newly qualified should stand you in good stead, just remember everything you did to get through your test and you will be fine.

Before your drive you will have a Q&A session with your assessor, he will ask what you would check in the cab, so the usual lights, warning lights, break is set, setbelt, seat adjusted, HEIGHT INDICATOR, mirros etc but the one everyone forgets is THE HORN!

The Q&A will also ask you about external daily checks, so stick to top middle bottom as you work your way around the unit and do likewise on the trailer.

As has already been said, don’t forget the right shoulder check EVERY time you move off and between them use plenty of mirrors and take it nice and steady, they want it safe NOT FAST !

Good luck, tell us how you get on.

DONT FORGET THE HORN :open_mouth:

Thanks for advice guys,
will let you all know how i get on.
dont always get on here will update after assesement thanks guys
appreciated

sunny