Stobart assement

UKtramp:
Well I had my driving assessment today and here are my thoughts on Stobart as I have never worked for them. The drive and assessment was run more like taking a driving test complete with a tricky blind side reverse and normal reverse onto a bay. I thought the outfit looks professional, the kit is as good as I expected. I obviously flew through the assessment and was offered employment starting next Thursday at Appleton. I know people take the ■■■■ of the green army, but for me I thought it looked a viable proposition, money is ok and certainly not minimum wage as I was led to believe. The assessor told me they do have a supply of agency drivers but in order to work for Stobart themselves, they do actually have quite a high standard. So I am wondering if maybe the bad press of Stobart is from the agency side of things as I was actually quite surprised. He told me they get supplied with some right clowns through the agency but they soon get shut. I have myself seen some brilliant reversing manoeuvres performed by Stobart when I worked for Keedwell. So why has Stobart got such a bad press?

You was in this forum big person but if you join Stobart that some another person start hate you :smiley: :smiley: .But this another person may be can t pass Stobart driving assestment and get much more less money than tupical Stobart drivers :smiley:

Andrejs:

UKtramp:
Well I had my driving assessment today and here are my thoughts on Stobart as I have never worked for them. The drive and assessment was run more like taking a driving test complete with a tricky blind side reverse and normal reverse onto a bay. I thought the outfit looks professional, the kit is as good as I expected. I obviously flew through the assessment and was offered employment starting next Thursday at Appleton. I know people take the ■■■■ of the green army, but for me I thought it looked a viable proposition, money is ok and certainly not minimum wage as I was led to believe. The assessor told me they do have a supply of agency drivers but in order to work for Stobart themselves, they do actually have quite a high standard. So I am wondering if maybe the bad press of Stobart is from the agency side of things as I was actually quite surprised. He told me they get supplied with some right clowns through the agency but they soon get shut. I have myself seen some brilliant reversing manoeuvres performed by Stobart when I worked for Keedwell. So why has Stobart got such a bad press?

You was in this forum big person but if you join Stobart that some another person start hate you :smiley: :smiley: .But this another person may be can t pass Stobart driving assestment and get much more less money than tupical Stobart drivers :smiley:

Thanks for making that clear.

eagerbeaver:

Could you translate EB as I sort of got the jist of it as far as Stobart then it sort of gets a bit muddled.

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Could you translate EB as I sort of got the jist of it as far as Stobart then it sort of gets a bit muddled.

Do my best for you mate. Here goes…

" UKT comes on here giving it large about his adventures, but if he goes to ESL they will think he is a knob. But some other knobs cannot pass an ESL assessment mainly because they are unable to plant a 99 ice cream cone on their foreheads and keep it there for a 10 second duration. These failure knobs then go limping for ESL and get less peanuts ".

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

“Much more less money”…So is that more or less?

xichrisxi:

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

Could be “more or less the same”.

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

" UKT comes on here giving it large about his adventures, but if he goes to ESL they will think he is a knob. But some other knobs cannot pass an ESL assessment mainly because they are unable to plant a 99 ice cream cone on their foreheads and keep it there for a 10 second duration. These failure knobs then go limping for ESL and get less peanuts ".

Or could it be this: UKT is larger than life and is a very respected top flight fridge man and driver extraordinaire, Stobart is a knob in comparison to this great man?

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Or could it be this: UKT is larger than life and is a very respected top flight fridge man and driver extraordinaire, Stobart is a knob in comparison to this great man?

I suppose it could. Problem is, the more you read it the more different interpretations you get :neutral_face:

On my most recent attempt I got " Man with leaky ■■■■ have wet undies ".

xichrisxi:

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

At least Stobart full time drivers taked home about 470 per week and do easy job with good truck and trailer.But to many many drivers in UK taked home less money and do much hard job in more worse truck.

Andrejs:

xichrisxi:

Andrejs:

UKtramp:

At least Stobart full time drivers taked home about 470 per week and do easy job with good truck and trailer.But to many many drivers in UK taked home less money and do much hard job in more worse truck.

Man who earn £470 taked home per week at stobratski work many hours until eyes shut. Beaver work Appleton 2 yr ago and collect home to mrs beaver £385 for 50 hour steering attending. beaver check payslip from then just now and wonder where head was at. Appleton now pay 14p per hour more. many hour need work to buy 4xsellotape from pound shop with wage rise.

Then Stobarts are lying to me as they told me :
Days: Sun-Thu 50 hours
10hrs Sun = £12.04 x 10 = £120.40 40hrs Mon-Thu = £8.68 x 40 = £347.20 £467.60 taxable at 19% = £381.04 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00
Equivalent to £11.56 per hr gross pay Take home pay = £456.04

Tramper: Mon-Fri 60 hours
55hrs Mon-Fri = £8.68 x 55 = £477.40 +5hrs Mon-Fri = £9.65 x 5 = £48.25 £525.65 taxable at 20% = £420.51 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00 Tax free night out allowance £22.50 x 4 = £90.00
Equivalent to £10.60 per hr gross pay Take home pay = £585.

Was you through agency or direct employed beaver? I am worried now as I am not working myself into the ground for them.

As a new driver before I passed my test my friends were like, ‘I’d be trying to get in with ES, big money’ looking at them figures UKT has put on, the money is pretty poor isn’t it. Just shows what a tv programme can do the the viewers.

UKtramp:
Was you through agency or direct employed beaver? I am worried now as I am not working myself into the ground for them.

Mon-Fri Days out of Appleton. £8.52 per hour + £15 (tax free) allowance per day. I think the tax code has changed now so that you can earn £11,500 before paying tax. Looks like they have put the money up a further 16p per hour since I was there too.

It goes up a bit after 1800 hours and obviously weekend rate.

jamieh1990:
As a new driver before I passed my test my friends were like, ‘I’d be trying to get in with ES, big money’ looking at them figures UKT has put on, the money is pretty poor isn’t it. Just shows what a tv programme can do the the viewers.

No those are the advertised rates not fictional, it is in their wages page they send you, you can also view them on their website. that isn’t poor money, I was tramping on similar money for lots of different firms, harder work too.

UKtramp:
10hrs Sun = £12.04 x 10 = £120.40 40hrs Mon-Thu = £8.68 x 40 = £347.20 £467.60 taxable at 19% = £381.04 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00

55hrs Mon-Fri = £8.68 x 55 = £477.40 +5hrs Mon-Fri = £9.65 x 5 = £48.25 £525.65 taxable at 20% = £420.51 Tax free meal allowance £15 x 5 = £75.00 Tax free night out allowance £22.50 x 4 = £90.00

No mention of NI contributions or pension contributions.

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

Not sure I will like this tbh, if any more deductions come out of that it is hardly worthwhile

Seriously £8.68 an hour, that is the rate?

There must be better paid work around before you sell yourself short for that pittance!

:open_mouth:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

UKtramp:

Not sure I will like this tbh, if any more deductions come out of that it is hardly worthwhile

No meal allowance paid on holidays. What amount of hours are you guaranteed? (Think I was on a 50 hr contract).
Also, when they have a quiet day they will TELL you to go home and use a days holiday. Other problems are waiting in a queue in the yard for an empty trailer and you can also sit in the canteen for a couple of hours waiting for a unit. Don’t forget they also take 45 mins a day breaks off you. And if you leave before 12 months they will take £300 off you for CPC and uniform.

steelgoon:
Seriously £8.68 an hour, that is the rate?

There must be better paid work around before you sell yourself short for that pittance!

:open_mouth:

Got to be honest, I hadn’t worked it out until just now, I am not desperate for work so I may just give it a miss