Stobart assement

fuser84:
Im going for an assessment to Trafford Park this afternoon. They are the only one who gave me a chance as a new pass so far. Other companies advertise for new passes too but Ive never heard a word from them. Like Culina, they thought they`re better off with Eagerbeaver :smiley: Anyway, I hope they take into account on the assessment that I have zero experience. Even a normal reverse on a bay can be a challenge for me :blush: Maybe some of their drivers just inexperienced not bad but they work for Stobart and other drivers hate them.

Good luck, I did not find it too difficult but as I say the assessment could be daunting to some, they do fail a fair few from what the trainer told me, Take it like a driving test, they look for road position, control approaching traffic lights etc, lane discipline all of the usual stuff. If you are a new pass then I am sure they will take your reversing into consideration. I did some tight blind side reverses maybe because I am an experienced driver and they wanted to see if I am proficient with them? Certainly would be daunting for a new pass, however using common sense a new pass is hardly likely to be experienced at a blind side reverse or reversing in general so I cannot see this part of the assessment as a problem for you.

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:
You did, luckily I was able to find something close to home and better money.

Was* you employed as agency or employed direct?

*Were [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:
You did, luckily I was able to find something close to home and better money.

Was* you employed as agency or employed direct?

*Were [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:stuck_out_tongue:

If you are tramping, be prepared to remove every bit of your kit every weekend out of your (or for benefit of the daymen :unamused: …their) truck, in case it gets nicked soiled or both, and if you are the type to look after your (their :unamused: ) motor’s interior, take plenty of detergent and polish with you.
Every Tom ■■■■ and Harry off the agency, the pristine, the dirty and the minging will all leave their unique little mark behind , whatever that may be :open_mouth: , on it for your return.
The reason a mate of mine jacked…after 20 years !

robroy:
If you are tramping, be prepared to remove every bit of your kit every weekend out of your (or for benefit of the daymen :unamused: …their) truck, in case it gets nicked soiled or both, and if you are the type to look after your (their :unamused: ) motor’s interior, take plenty of detergent and polish with you.
Every Tom ■■■■ and Harry off the agency, the pristine, the dirty and the minging will all leave their unique little mark behind , whatever that may be :open_mouth: , on it for your return.

I used to get offered a choice sometimes :open_mouth: Volvo or Scania. Trampers Volvo every time :laughing: (Left it immaculate though :wink: )

And don’t forget to inform them of any holidays or prior engagements…before commencing employment.
Won’t make any difference…they’ll still run you out of time (and send the next driver to meet you in a van)

But at least you tried.

commonrail:
And don’t forget to inform them of any holidays or prior engagements…before commencing employment.
Won’t make any difference…they’ll still run you out of time (and send the next driver to meet you in a van)

But at least you tried.

Try it is all that I can do, I am looking forward to meeting the fan club members and signing autographs etc, I am looking forward to being on their next TV show which is probably why they got in touch with me in the first place. I don’t think they want me for my driving skills somehow. I think I am being recruited as part of the PR machine.

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:
I lasted 1 month in Stobarts, that was 3 weeks ago. Pushed to do 12-15hr shifts and told I have to take a reduced rest.

They did mention that some shifts will turn into 15 hr ones but then some will also turn into 9 so if that’s the case I don’t mind

And you believed them. How long have you been driving?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cypry0:

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:
I lasted 1 month in Stobarts, that was 3 weeks ago. Pushed to do 12-15hr shifts and told I have to take a reduced rest.

They did mention that some shifts will turn into 15 hr ones but then some will also turn into 9 so if that’s the case I don’t mind

And you believed them. How long have you been driving?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know and understand how these people work, the question is though, do they know how I work? I am no fool and if they try it on by keeping me out for 15 hours a day each day then I will not be making their day for them. Unfortunately my 15 hrs is probably not theirs, I have a voice and a brain, they can either take it or leave it. I do my job well and if they see me as another muppett then I can only say, I won’t be with them long although they will need drivers like me to get the job done so I expect they will respect that.

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

I used to get offered a choice sometimes :open_mouth: Volvo or Scania. Trampers Volvo every time :laughing: (Left it immaculate though :wink: )

At least you had a bit respect for the fact that another driver had to live in it, my mate’s motor had been driven by Capt Pugwash’s assistant . :open_mouth:

Lol at uktramp. You sound like you have common sense,not much or you wouldn’t be at Stobbies. Think for yourself ?, leave it out, they won’t like that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your budding film career won’t get off the ground as they don’t make film stars anymore. They do however take on muppets, morons and the unwashed, that’s why l’m there. :wink:

Wouldie:
Lol at uktramp. You sound like you have common sense,not much or you wouldn’t be at Stobbies. Think for yourself ?, leave it out, they won’t like that. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your budding film career won’t get off the ground as they don’t make film stars anymore. They do however take on muppets, morons and the unwashed, that’s why l’m there. :wink:

I am special and I think they have noticed me that’s all. I cannot see them treating me like they do others.

UKtramp:

Wouldie:

I am special and I think they have noticed me that’s all. I cannot see them treating me like they do others.

What happened to the farm feeds job you were doing and getting on so well??!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Humour in spades by the sound of ya, you’ll need it.

Big Truck:

UKtramp:

Wouldie:

What happened to the farm feeds job you were doing and getting on so well??!![emoji52]

Well like a fool I listened to some horror stories and advice about how bad it is in winter, as it is approaching winter it put me off it so reserving that for the summer.

UKtramp:

Big Truck:

UKtramp:

Wouldie:

Well like a fool I listened to some horror stories and advice about how bad it is in winter, as it is approaching winter it put me off it so reserving that for the summer.

[emoji106]

robroy:
If you are tramping, be prepared to remove every bit of your kit every weekend

Check…

I’ve seen them remove all their kit daily/nightly at Lutterworth.

You won’t be allocated yer own motor for months. When and if you get one it’ll be used by everyone when you aint there.

yourhavingalarf:

robroy:
If you are tramping, be prepared to remove every bit of your kit every weekend

Check…

I’ve seen them remove all their kit daily/nightly at Lutterworth.

You won’t be allocated yer own motor for months. When and if you get one it’ll be used by everyone when you aint there.

Brilliant news, this is all so positive guys, I cannot thank you all enough for the good vibes. I am so looking forward to going down to the academy, is there any good news there?

Free sandwiches and a night in the local travelodge

commonrail:
Free sandwiches and a night in the local travelodge

Fantastic, looking forward to the sandwiches.