Stobart and Wincanton Britwick contract

Just read at motortransport.co.uk who Wincanton take back Britvic contract.If all that it is big loose for Stobart.How good Wincanton for work?How good he pay?

Andrejs:
Just read at motortransport.co.uk who Wincanton take back Britvic contract.If all that it is big loose for Stobart.How good Wincanton for work?How good he pay?

Firstly who is going to shed any tears that Stobarts have lost a contract.
Don’t know much about Wincanton but I would bet they have cut the rate to the bone to actually undercut Stobarts, the masters of slashing rates.

Only experience of Wincanton I have was when they ■■■■ ed up a job for me when I was an owner driver in the 80s (over it now :smiley: )

Later on they also ■■■■ ed up annother good job, in t.s &c.s, (especially wages) that my mate had at Hanbury Davies when they took that co. over about 10 yrs ago, so much so that he told them to poke it.

So I would not build up my hopes and expectations if I were you mate.tbh.

I not blame Stobart or Wincatnton.In bussiness all the time somebody lost or win.

Wincanton down our way have the wienerberger brick contract and the money and the trucks are good but not sure what the britvic contract is like.

Andrejs:
I not blame Stobart or Wincatnton.In bussiness all the time somebody lost or win.

Usually they win and the driver loses

OVLOV JAY:

Andrejs:

Usually they win and the driver loses

Exactly.

Andrejs:

my mate was telling me the other day he had a flat battery , fitter who came out said he’d been instructed too get the truck going but too put no parts on it as they had 300 trucks parked up , I know jan / February are slack times of years but still that’s some trucks
That said I work now for a bloke who says he won’t do work if it doesn’t pay , other day I did load from hull - magor , price on p.o.d was £157 :open_mouth: , doesn’t cover my wages for day :exclamation:
Going back too britvic , lads I worked are now full time aggregate industry , haven’t done any explore ( no idea what happened too that work ) or general for a few months ,
And too be honest britvic is ■■■■ all too loose , think of what they did too the chilled side , Corby , alcester , Heywood , larkh all , Newark etc shut , all that work , jobs gone and they didn’t give a ■■■■ , and there still going :exclamation: :exclamation:

300 trucks parked up wow that’s some headache

SHYTOT:
300 trucks parked up wow that’s some headache

Those 300 trucks are due to go back off lease as they have been replaced with new!!

But the loss of that contract will hurt

Ken b