Stobart actros

On my way back through France yesterday I was approaching Reims south services when I saw a stobart international truck in front pulling in which was unusual for that area, then I noticed it was one of the new actros’s, it looks a lot better with a trailer behind. What was even more unusual was about 10 or 15 more of them in convoy in front of it, all new actros. Where they where parking there was a coach and a couple of cars that seamed to be with them as coaches don’t normaly park there. Didn’t get chance to take a pic.

Was it a race team,rally cars or the racing car tyres that they do as well,shame about the photos.

its another haulage company does anyone really care?? would you post the same if it was norbet dressingtable?? what is the fascination with stobarts■■?

Stobart are the publics favourite haulier Taffy!! :laughing:

Green eyed monsters emerge when then name stobards is mentioned

Well Mr taffy as I said it was something unusual seeing one on that particular road never mind about 15 in convoy. Also after the original sightings of the Mercs running solo a while ago to me they seem to of dissapeared till yesterday. If it had been one truck I would not of posted but as it was 15 it got my attention. I have now seen a picture of them lined up in silverstone and no I’m not a spotter but an ordinary lorry driver happy to share odd things I see on the roads of Europe. I saw the picture as im going to the grand prix and it was put on the facebook page. If I was not on a toll road i would of gone back to get a pic with my truck on the end for a laugh. I also passed a dentressangle (sp) place that has hundreds of used trucks lined up, I will get a pic next time to redress the balance to keep you happy if you like.

reagle ill do it:
Green eyed monsters emerge when then name stobards is mentioned

Ha no green eyed monster at all I wouldnt touch stobbarts with a 10ft barge pole thanks. When i did agenct work and asked if I would go in there I would rather have a day off

russell2587:
Well Mr taffy as I said it was something unusual seeing one on that particular road never mind about 15 in convoy. Also after the original sightings of the Mercs running solo a while ago to me they seem to of dissapeared till yesterday. If it had been one truck I would not of posted but as it was 15 it got my attention. I have now seen a picture of them lined up in silverstone and no I’m not a spotter but an ordinary lorry driver happy to share odd things I see on the roads of Europe. I saw the picture as im going to the grand prix and it was put on the facebook page. If I was not on a toll road i would of gone back to get a pic with my truck on the end for a laugh. I also passed a dentressangle (sp) place that has hundreds of used trucks lined up, I will get a pic next time to redress the balance to keep you happy if you like.

well maybe mr russel they got a new contract starting in europe and they are getting the kit in place. just fed up with a stobart thread every week

When you see a thread titled Stobart i suggest you dont read it then, simples !!!

Big Jules:
When you see a thread titled Stobart i suggest you dont read it then, simples !!!

+1

Big Jules:

+2!

Dear Mr Russell 2587 i found your post intresting and and find it very sad that there are certain people on this forum that seem to take great pleasure in taking the p~~s out of other peoples posts, cheers. baz.

Cheers bazza, to be fair mr taffy is entitled to his opinion which I respect, I kind of expected someone to say so what. As he asked me a question I thought I’d be polite and answer it. Life’s too short and their is loads of posts I don’t even bother to read.

I got nothing against the boys who drive for them its just the compnay I dont like and the way people go on about them after all they are just another haulage company

Who have done better than any other transport company in Britain

reagle ill do it:

Better at driving down rates
Better at driving down wages

Anything else

Ive been offered odd loads from them and the rates are laughable
Drivers wages only got to read some threads here and especially the tesco contracts etc

Try talking to the drivers there not on bad money for what they do my bro works for them so he should know he’s also been driving over30 years now so he has seen a bit of life one little story he told me was he was at rugby having a break and one driver starting being loud and abusive about e s bro ignored him and when the driver went bro tagged behind he got in a big scania no tax or o licence in windscreen and a bald front tyre bro just shook his head and went on his way

bazza b:
Dear Mr Russell 2587 i found your post intresting and and find it very sad that there are certain people on this forum that seem to take great pleasure in taking the p~~s out of other peoples posts, cheers. baz.

You spelt interesting wrong. It’s INTERESTING and it’s pronounce inter-es-ting.

Thank you

BTW…Yes I am sad and I’m not taking the ■■■■ :grimacing:

Cheers

gettin-on:

reagle ill do it:

Anything else

Drivers wages only got to read some threads here and especially the tesco contracts etc

forgot to mention better at undercutting the small guy and forcing them out of bussiness and the attitude of some of the drivers both behind the wheel and when hiding in a RDC somewhere walk round with the stobart swagger

taffytrucker:

gettin-on:

reagle ill do it:

Anything else

forgot to mention better at undercutting the small guy and forcing them out of bussiness and the attitude of some of the drivers both behind the wheel and when hiding in a RDC somewhere walk round with the stobart swagger

It’s called “business” and it’s been going of for years. Stobarts are just better at it than most.