Still some decent people around

Ok running late for site delivery, (London) finally get there on 9. 45 hours driving bloke jumps in cab shows me best way in round the block, stops traffic etc , lays pallets out so I can unload blocks , delivery complete excepting to be thrown out of site with barley ten mins driving time left he says I’m welcome to stay on site hell give me code for padlock so I can get out at 0500 leave canteen open and toilets, after a crap day def restored my faith in people and he was albanian, deliver to an English site and you get all the bollox about h and s and how you can’t park on site all nite not to mention trusting me with the code for the paddlock praps if this country went back before all the bureaucratic bs it would be a much better place to work and live

Don’t for pete’s sake say where the site is, otherwise this decent stick’ll get the push when some jobsworth gets to here about it and goes running upstairs to get a pat on the head from the gaffer.

Good on him though.

he,s probably the nightwatchman ,and now out on the ■■■■ seeing as your there :laughing:

d4c24a:
he,s probably the nightwatchman ,and now out on the ■■■■ seeing as your there :laughing:

jaha

d4c24a:

lol

Fair play to the bloke but what did the canteen consist of?
Bint behind the counter serving up a “full monty” :laughing:

d4c24a:

Can’t fault his aptitude then! Good on him all the same!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

Juddian:
Don’t for pete’s sake say where the site is, otherwise this decent stick’ll get the push when some jobsworth gets to here about it and goes running upstairs to get a pat on the head from the gaffer.

Good on him though.

How did you know that the Albanian was called pete? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Suedehead:
Fair play to the bloke but what did the canteen consist of?
Bint behind the counter serving up a “full monty” :laughing:

Well actually there was a fit bird offering something what you could otherwise call the full month free of charge to all lorry drivers
The adress of this site is somewhere in London
Happy hunting

:laughing: :laughing:

Makes life much easier when everyone on the job is pulling in the same direction.

It’s little gestures like that which make life easier…

We had 2 container drivers at our place the other day… Sweltering heat waiting to tip… I gave them a can of pop each. Made their days… Cost me next to nothing…

Considering I’m 23 and these 2 were 55/60+ they seemed shocked at me…

Glad the lad let you stay on site, I’m say on a site at moment, customer got ar5ey on the phone saying he needs his screed as quick as possible… So I told him if I turn up I’ll be stuck for 45…

His pallets have been sat at the side of my truck for 35 mins so far… ■■■■ could have waited…

Fatboy slimslow:

Juddian:

Good on him though.

How did you know that the Albanian was called pete? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Dont drag me into this pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

Check your wallet when you leave :wink: