Still Looking for Work

:sunglasses: Im still looking for class one work in the surrey area and the uk, I would even go for continental work, if you can help I would be greatful.

thanx Dave

there is a company in Lingfield or near to it called Baldry international
they run fridges.I was parked up with a couple of theyre guys one weekend down at the De Frejus tunnel.If I remember rightly they said they got around 50 motors 10/15 do the european side,all good contracts usually one drop one collection,good equipment good pay etc I was gonna try them myself but at time they had no vanancies. hope this helps

Whitknight

It’s been a few of years now since i was on continental but these firms are still around and not a million miles from you.

Baldry Int. at lingfield as suggested by quipree:-

baldry.eu.com

They’ve only been going over the water in a big way for a few years and most of there work is fridges on Glaxo work. The few drivers i’ve spoken to haven’t had a bad word to say about the job but fridge work is easy providing you can get used to the start late, finish late side of things.

Cranleigh freight in cranleigh:-

cranleigh.co.uk

They do a lot of airfreight work now and their kit is all up together. The drivers I spoke to a few years ago reckoned it was a good job but you needed to be away at weekends to make the money up.

R A Gander at henfield. Tel 01273 492047

They used to have a rep. for running night and day a few years ago but spoke to one of their old hands a few weeks ago and he said it had calmed down a lot. It’s fridge work with hanging meat out and general fridge cargo back although they do a lot of imports for Delice de france tipping in slough. It’s all good kit and they’re pretty flexible regarding time away but hanging meat is always a bit of a chasing game.

Davies International in Southampton. Tel 02380 232030

Fridges again and the best continental job I had. The moneys not the best at just under £400pw take home but you will certainly see europe. The kit and backup are spot on and you won’t work hard . 2 to 3 weeks away is the norm.

Pulleyn in reading:-

pulleyn.co.uk

I know a few drivers who have been on here and all say it’s a good job if a little regimented. They like drivers to be ADR and I think it’s a minimum of 4 weeks away but the kit and wages are very good. They also do alot of pharmacutical work.

These are a just a few I’ve had experience of and all will give you a variety of european work.

If you fancy something a bit out of the ordinary try Paul Mathew in littlehampton:-

paulmathewtransport.com

Most of the work is moving theatre shows around the country although they do the odd bit across the water. It’s all weekend work and it’s nights out all the way but I know 2 people who worked there and both have said that £2000 a month is the norm and that was a couple of years ago.

Also there are various firms doing airfreight work out of heathrow (gatwick seems to be treated as a satelite for heathrow) or head the other way round the M25 and there are a few firms around dartford still going over the water.

I always used to ask other drivers if I was interested about a firm because most are pretty honest but always ask for conformation of wages if you’re tempted to take a start.

Good luck

Neilf

neilf:
Just discovered that a night out can be a social occaision in a pub with friends.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: