Still in shock from yesterday

Well I know this will be hard for people to believe but…

I overtook a Morgan Mclernon truck in the roadworks on the M6 last night, not to mention he wasn’t using the 3rd lane either.

I still can’t quite believe it even now lol

It actually was even worse as I felt rather inadequate as the trunk I was on ended up being stuck on a 26ton rigid so I felt out of sorts with a half knackered 4 over 4 gearbox that didn’t seem to want to select gears at times for no apparent reason lol

Felt odd being back out in a rigid for quite some time.

Although I did have fun testing out the adaptive cruise control and driving right up to a vehicle in front covering the brake hoping it would brake for me and surely enough it did, quite odd the truck breaking heavily all of its own accord. It is rather annoying that it slows down when you catch another truck up so you have to floor the loud pedal to overtake otherwise it will just keep you 30m away from the vehicle in front on distance setting 1.

The lane departure warning j rather annoying so that got switched off pretty soon.

I’d rather not have these kind of features as I’m the driver not the truck but these will become more commonplace on newer trucks all in the name of safety.

simcor:

I overtook a Morgan Mclernon truck in the roadworks on the M6 last night, not to mention he wasn’t using the 3rd lane either.

I’ve heard some RDC waiting room guff in my time but that really is out there. Sure it wasn’t a dream? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simcor:
Although I did have fun testing out the adaptive cruise control and driving right up to a vehicle in front covering the brake hoping it would brake for me and surely enough it did, quite odd the truck breaking heavily all of its own accord. It is rather annoying that it slows down when you catch another truck up so you have to floor the loud pedal to overtake otherwise it will just keep you 30m away from the vehicle in front on distance setting 1.

The lane departure warning j rather annoying so that got switched off pretty soon.

I’d rather not have these kind of features as I’m the driver not the truck but these will become more commonplace on newer trucks all in the name of safety.

If it was a new-ish DAF they’re simple to turn off. Used one a bit back and the distance feature had me ripping my hair out.

As for Morgan Mc they must have a high turn over of drivers at Telford - the agency list is a mile long! :laughing:

Conor:

simcor:

I’ve heard some RDC waiting room guff in my time but that really is out there. Sure it wasn’t a dream? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can top that, a few weeks back I clocked a Nolans and De Rooy parked up with curtains closed in the same lay-by on the A50, course they could have been cracking one out or taking a dump but they might just have been taking a fully legal break??

rest assured that “if” you actually did overtake one of the mushroom brigade,then itl be investigated to the fullest extent,and that the driver concerned will be duly chastized. if you work for the tangs,then theres no excuse known to mankind on this planet,any other planet,solar system or galaxy whether said galaxy is yet to be discovered or otherwise that will save this driver from being penalised to the fullest extent of morgans traffic office treatment.he will immediately be ostracized by the tang community as a whole,and theres every chance that morgans will go out and purchase a renault premium just for him.( obviously this will be plain white,on a english reg,with a plain trailer exclusivley for this embarrasment to county armagh )…ive never heard of such a thing in my life…even being on the limiter at 56 has no place if you intend to keep up your street cred with the boat traffic…once he is ousted, then this dudes carreer will be in the same state as his buttocks…in tatters.he will have to kip down on the car deck in solitude on the boat from now on as soon as his identity is disclosed as there will be a queue of morgans mob waiting to spill their hot soup “accidentally” in his lap if he ever has the audacity to show his face in the truckies lounge…its just unbelievable…whatever next…tsk tsk tsk… :open_mouth:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … -Enter.png

hold up there son, are you missing any of these keys?

I was gunna say that I once overtook a tuffnell night trunk but nobody would believe me!

The whirlwind:
I was gunna say that I once overtook a tuffnell night trunk but nobody would believe me!

Tuffnell’s over Woodhead at night you’d think had been trained by Paddy Hopkirk!

thesaint99:

The whirlwind:

Tuffnell’s over Woodhead at night you’d think had been trained by Paddy Hopkirk!

It’s not just on the road. The way they drive around the estate in Yate around their yard, is astonishing. How they never turn them drags over…

is this a ‘Liar’s thread’? :wink:

back in the '80’s,my mate reckoned he’d overtaken an Irish 141 Scania on the motorway…yea righto mate :laughing:

theres always the chance it was an agency driver out of telford doing his first…and last shift for them…the investigation continues. :slight_smile:

i worked for a similar company a wee while ago when the teachers pet came in with a months supply of disks with the statement…there you go mr xxxxxx,im pretty sure they all look ok…without looking up from the computer screen,he just put his hand out sideways,took the cards,put his toe on the pedal bin,and dropped them in…never missed a beat from the screen…job done…1 fine for non prooducing is always better than a milion charges of falsifying and fraudulent whilst leaving the drivers in the clear… :wink:

dieseldog999:
i worked for a similar company a wee while ago when the teachers pet came in with a months supply of disks with the statement…there you go mr xxxxxx,im pretty sure they all look ok…without looking up from the computer screen,he just put his hand out sideways,took the cards,put his toe on the pedal bin,and dropped them in…never missed a beat from the screen…job done…1 fine for non prooducing is always better than a milion charges of falsifying and fraudulent whilst leaving the drivers in the clear… :wink:

Another fabulous story and well written DD. The stuff of legends.

I cannot stop laughing but I bet there are some on here going nuts now. :smiley: :smiley:

Reminds me of the time I overtook a lorry with Irish plates. One of the highlights of my driving career, I don’t care if he was parked up, I still overtook him!

dieseldog999:
theres always the chance it was an agency driver out of telford doing his first…and last shift for them…the investigation continues. :slight_smile:

If it’s the ones out of Telford there limited to 54/ 55

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

Used to work for a man in Derry who bought a shredder solely for shredding cards, his argument being that at that time £10 per missing card was better than all the offences that could be gathered up with dodgy cards, although chances of anyone from the ministry being able to get close to his yard around that time would have been slim

Was told years ago in the late seventies that the Irish boys used to fit diffs out of coaches because of their higher gearing.

mazzer:

dieseldog999:

Used to work for a man in Derry who bought a shredder solely for shredding cards, his argument being that at that time £10 per missing card was better than all the offences that could be gathered up with dodgy cards, although chances of anyone from the ministry being able to get close to his yard around that time would have been slim

+1
i rest my case… :smiley:

i left reading tesco rdc to go towards the m25, and i have been overtaken by a tesco lorryon the m4… and i was doing 56mph… and no it was not down the hill. i said it to my self i tell this to anyone they won’t believe me… do you believe me?

Trucker8oy:
i left reading tesco rdc to go towards the m25, and i have been overtaken by a tesco lorryon the m4… and i was doing 56mph… and no it was not down the hill. i said it to my self i tell this to anyone they won’t believe me… do you believe me?

No I don’t ! have you had to many beers

blue estate:

Trucker8oy:

No I don’t ! have you had to many beers

+1…WELL SEEN ITS SATURDAY NIGHT…on the tap all day,then fairytales all night… :slight_smile: