Still a bridge involved,, Swimming

This popped up, bet his feet got wet
bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-engla … ssion=true

Van , and if Asda vans are anything like those ■■■■■■■ idiots who drive Tesco dot- com vans it’s one less to bother about

There’s a ford (river type) near my house which has been closed for months now due to flooding and has permanently installed signs plus temp ones, but still every week some idiots get stuck including several of those supermarket vans.

Its not just slightly high, its several feet at times and there’s even a handy measuring stick for after you’ve driven past / round 2 road closed signs. I won’t touch it above 1 inch on the board when open.

Surely this has to be careless driving 6 points?

5010678F-1D6F-48AB-A104-AB639BB42096.jpeg
You rang me lord :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

I’m guessing the engine is in the back of that boat Dan.
If so then all the weight is behind the axle therefore lifting the drawbar and taking all the weight off your drive axle :laughing:
Googlefast will be along shortly telling you the boat is loaded the wrong way round :grimacing: :grimacing:

but Dan has a Pallfinger mounted on the rear of the prime mover, so wouldnt that compensate for any axle over loadings, or would it make it worse ?

Johneboy:

Punchy Dan:

If so then all the weight is behind the axle therefore lifting the drawbar and taking all the weight off your drive axle :laughing:

Depends if it’s powered by twin inboard Gardner 8 LXB’s or maybe a ■■■■■■■■ :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I’ll contact the manufacturers first thing tomorrow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:
but Dan has a Pallfinger mounted on the rear of the prime mover, so wouldnt that compensate for any axle over loadings, or would it make it worse ?

Now not’s let let little facts like that get in the way of the next lesson on how to distribute a load and the inevitable A frame drawbar trailer :laughing: :laughing:

Johneboy:

Punchy Dan:

Googlefast will be along shortly telling you the boat is loaded the wrong way round :grimacing: :grimacing:

That looks like a Sea Doo Challenger… it has an onboard engine. Still a lot of weight in the back, engine and water jet pumps…

Punchy Dan:

Reckon I’ve trumped you here Dan!
Ffs! Somebody please turn it the right way round. :blush:

D91292B7-EFC3-477B-9D95-602DD434FD3E.jpeg

Look at you Dan, down with the kids or what. Cheers for that. J

Morrisons driver : “Hold my Beer”

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55732938

Punchy Dan:

What category licence do you need for that outfit, :smiley: asking for a friend :smiley:

biggriffin:

Punchy Dan:

What category licence do you need for that outfit, :smiley: asking for a friend :smiley:

From the lucky dip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been on radio today supermarket home delivery driver (was up north in flood warnings area cant remember where) had to get rescued from a flood. He had followed his satnav which took him through a ford. Surprise sur-ferking-prise the ford was deeper than normal but he kept going. Is this a Darwinian moment

Flooding PC.jpg
You would never see a properly trained driver attempting to get through a flood.

youtu.be/z0hkHUjx1ns