STGO Cat 2 Pay Rates?

Hello,

I have been asked by a company to drive for them, I was looking for a rough price of what the going rate is for a class 1 STGO cat 2 driver? the jobs down here in SE kent, local family company, and I have very little experiance,

Thanks for your time

Carl

Experience = £ in that line of work. You shouldn’t expect more than a normal class 1 rate until you’re experienced and know what you’re doing.

you should in theory earn more than a normal class 1 driver as the heavy game usually involves longer hours which equals more pay

Exsperince counts for 90% I would be expecting what local class 1 work is till you got atleast years experience in the field of work. 5yrs Till start earning decent money and then it’s not brilliant. It’s one of those things you are good at or your not and unfortunately so many wannabe firms out there moving a bit of machinery.

Need good understanding of roads and be able to follow directions of the route

When it goes wrong goes wrong in spectacular way enjoy changing wheels when have blow outs enjoy getting in everyone’s way.

I have seen so many people try do what others make look easy and fail miserably.

As I say moving bits of machinery is child’s play when someone says there you go drive you tell me where you want it and you load wrong leads to big issues

Not trying to put a downer on stuff but all good drivers start as drivers mates learning the tackle learning the trailers how to chain stuff down. Seen drivers with 20yrs European experience try just walk into bigger stuff and fail in spectacular fashion on other hand seen lads late 20s who have done couple of Years as drivers mates go out with 12 row flat tops with no issues