Stgo cat 2 exemption?

Does anyone know if for example a non euro 6 stgo cat 2 80 tonne unit is exempt from Lez charges and if true is this only when pulling a semi trailer on a job over 44 tonne or at all times ? And if used with mini body and draw bar trailer at normal weights Cheers Dan .

Interesting that you think there is an exemption, presumably as it’s an STGO. Looking at the TFL website exemptions - tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- … his-page-5 your set-up is no where near an exemption. Interested if you can find an exemption list elsewhere that would cover you! IMHO, no exemption applies and in a way you have to ask why would there be, it would give you a business advantage over other STGO operators who have invested in the LEZ compliant vehicles.

I haven’t heard of any exemption.
But if used at normal weights, is the truck no longer under stgo type regs? Wasn’t the case that was argued when the MOT exemptions changed a couple of years ago?

Acorn:
Interesting that you think there is an exemption, presumably as it’s an STGO. Looking at the TFL website exemptions - tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- … his-page-5 your set-up is no where near an exemption. Interested if you can find an exemption list elsewhere that would cover you! IMHO, no exemption applies and in a way you have to ask why would there be, it would give you a business advantage over other STGO operators who have invested in the LEZ compliant vehicles.

Someone asked the question so I asked on here that’s about it however why spend on new motors if there’s an exemption meaning you can use a more reliable older one ,thanks for the link I’ve a couple of motors older than 73 and a willing driver :wink:

pig pen:
I haven’t heard of any exemption.
But if used at normal weights, is the truck no longer under stgo type regs? Wasn’t the case that was argued when the MOT exemptions changed a couple of years ago?

Can’t remember tbh :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

Acorn:

Someone asked the question so I asked on here that’s about it however why spend on new motors if there’s an exemption meaning you can use a more reliable older one ,thanks for the link I’ve a couple of motors older than 73 and a willing driver :wink:

A couple, that’s nearly all the fleet, you trying to take a steam sentinel into Khanistain. :smiley: