Stevenage to Heilbronn

Good afternoon and a happy New Year peoples
I’m planning a trip to Heilbronn in Germany.
Are the tolls cheaper through Belgium → Luxembourg and then Germany or better to stay in France and go into Germany at Metz?
Thank you
Paul

sonflowerinwales:
Good afternoon and a happy New Year peoples
I’m planning a trip to Heilbronn in Germany.
Are the tolls cheaper through Belgium → Luxembourg and then Germany or better to stay in France and go into Germany at Metz?
Thank you
Paul

Depend’s on the vehicle.
If you are in any vehicle upto 12t then Belgium-Luxembourg-Germany is totally free.

I always use the Belgium-Luxembourg route, get to Lux on fumes, fill her to the neck, stock up on ■■■■ and away.

The stretch from Metz to Strassbourg costs between €30-40 in tolls for a truck (I can’t remember exactly), which is cheaper than it is in MAUT in Germany. In a car, that’s about €10, but Belg, Lux and Germany are free, as Ben9 said.
I’d go Belg, Lux, France and then up towards Karlsruhe on the A35. Cross the border and join the A5 in Germany at Achern or Baden Baden, go North again and then across past Sinsheim (NOT Sinzheim) to Heilbronn.
You could go via Perl, Saarbrucken, or Perl, Nuenkirchen, B10, Landau, but you’ll have to time it very carefully not to get caught in the Karlsruhe or Saarbrucken rush hours.
It isn’t worth going further North, by Kaiserlautern at all, that would add another hour or more.
Calais to Heilbronn should take you a good 9 hours in a wagon, using any variations of those routes. Taking the direct route, staying in France all the way, will save you over 100km and you could probably do it in under 9 hours drive. Well obviously you’ll have to do a bit in Germany :smiley: