Steve Wright to quit Radio 2 afternoon slot

I guess he’s a bit “Marmite” really, personally I think he’s past his “Best Before” date but what does the team think?

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62010156

yes harry as you say time served BUT, back in the day when he first appeared i liked him and the gang … was it the old geezer one of the charectors, made me laugh…

So when is Gary Davis gonna take over from Ken BRUCE ? :laughing:

blue estate:
So when is Gary Davis gonna take over from Ken BRUCE ? :laughing:

you leave ken alone :imp: , when he’s on his hols and others do popmaster it just aint right… love him… :wink:

Hale-fokin-lujah…

About time. A sad geezer, sat in a windowless room, playing the same old “cheering and clapping” jingle, over his own non stop self congratulatory “look at me…LOOK at me…I’m soooo funny…” drivel, aided by one or two paid “side kicks”.

Absolute dross.

Good riddance.

I’v always liked Steve Wright’s shows, back to his Radio One days (I was much younger then) and liked his fresh style, with the characters - Damian the social worker, Ruth, Fred Crossley the cinema manager - “get the geese off” and so on. It’s a shame Wrighty’s going, personally can’t do with Scott Mills. Radio 2’s getting too much like Radio one, so my afternoons’ listening after September will most likely be one of the oldies stations.

fodenway:
I’v always liked Steve Wright’s shows, back to his Radio One days (I was much younger then) and liked his fresh style, with the characters - Damian the social worker, Ruth, Fred Crossley the cinema manager - “get the geese off” and so on. It’s a shame Wrighty’s going, personally can’t do with Scott Mills. Radio 2’s getting too much like Radio one, so my afternoons’ listening after September will most likely be one of the oldies stations.

Like Greatest hits aka name the ex BBC disc jockey

I’ve been listening to Wrighty since radio 1 days, he still makes me laugh and will be sorry to see him go but times change, The replacement, Scott Mills is not for me as he just seems a bit wooden and dull so they’ve lost me during the afternoons.

youtu.be/0tp7U8UdJ_c

I too have listened to Steve Wright since his R1 days, dont listen everyday, but yeh I’ll miss him in the afternoons, always make a point of hearing ‘Serious jockin’ on a Frudsy for the 80s tracks.
Used to love ‘Mick and Keith’ (Stones) impressions in the old days. :smiley: …think that was Phil Cornwell?
Can’t stand that Tim Smith guy, nor those ■■■■ ‘factoids’ so at least that’s something when he goes.
Scott Mills?..nah not for me either, Gary Davies would gave been more like it I reckon, but I got a bit of stick on here last time I mentioned him. :smiley:

Wtf has happened to Fri nights on R2.
Radio legend Tony Blackburn has been replaced by Michelle ■■■■ Visage …who?
Some Yank bird who seems to champion transsexuals transvestite and non binaries.
Some young kid of 16 was on with his mother, made out to be a hero because he wanted to go to his school prom in an evening dress, which promoted him to become a drag act., ok each to his own and all that, but I mean ffs do we really NEED to know that?
Changed stations until.8pm to catch Gary Davies Sounds of the 8Os’ only to find he’s bern moved to Saturday nights, along with Fearne Cotton’s ‘Sounds of the 90’s’ show. :unamused:
The pc crew rule again.

another lbgtxyz or whatever is now onboard R2 Owain something or other…welsh person,filled in for Fatty Feltz this week. i start early Thursday’s,and some Wednesday’s…get Fearn’s '90’s show on repeat…she’s good :slight_smile:

But late to the party on this one but will be happy to see him go. Listened a lot in the 80’s when he was funny but he never moved on and ended up a caricature of himself.
Your wallet must be fat enough now Steve so go and enjoy it.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

carryfast-yeti:
another lbgtxyz or whatever is now onboard R2 Owain something or other…welsh person,filled in for Fatty Feltz this week. i start early Thursday’s,and some Wednesday’s…get Fearn’s '90’s show on repeat…she’s good :slight_smile:

Is that the Owain who used to be a weatherman on the tv ? Always wears extravagant suits and plays drums occasionally.
Personally I have never really cared for pop music,never listened to radio 1 and about 50+(?) since listened to radio 2.If i ever listen to radio it’s either classic rock or planet rock.
CDs suit me better.Iron Maiden playing now.Judas Priest next. Each one to his own.

Ding dong the witch is gone! Feltz is going apparently. I actually set my radio in the truck to come on as the alarm and preselect radio 2 because I guarantee the sound of her bloody voice has me leaping out of bed to turn the bloody thing off!