stereos

Hi all ,
I want to put a new stereo in my lorry( Renault premium). I listen to a lot of talk sport , 5live and medium wave is just rubbish. So I’m looking for a second hand dab stereo on eBay. Are all stereos compatible with lorries same as car stereos or do I need any extra adaptors etc.
I’m a bit clueless on this sort of thing…
Cheers

simonglovers09:
Hi all ,
I want to put a new stereo in my lorry( Renault premium). I listen to a lot of talk sport , 5live and medium wave is just rubbish. So I’m looking for a second hand dab stereo on eBay. Are all stereos compatible with lorries same as car stereos or do I need any extra adaptors etc.
I’m a bit clueless on this sort of thing…
Cheers

doubling the price of the premium aswell,nice one m8 :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Be like playing monopoly and landing on Mayfair with a hotel if he got a remote for the stereo lol :grimacing:

Massively helpful

Ive fitted a dab to my Renault premium dxi. From what i remember, the sockets from the truck loom fitted straight into the sockets of the loom that comes out the back of the radio. You will need a separate dab ariel but you can get a adapter lead of ebay that coverts the fm ariel into a dab signal. This is the route i went down as i didn’t fancy stripping half the cab trim down to run the dab ariel wires through. One thing i will say is tho, and thats the fm/dab converter lead doesn’t give as good a signal as a stand alone dab ariel lead does. The choice is yours really?. You can also get dab ariels that stick to the inside of the screen although these dont give a great signal, so I’ve heard. All sounds confusing but go on ebay and you’ll find exactly what you need for a lot cheaper than the likes of Halfords.

Thanks tennantjon.
How does the dab aerial connect to the stereo? Is it a front fitting ?

Its rear fitted. There’ll be the socket for the fm ariel and there’ll be a little brass socket that the dab ariel fits onto.