Stephen woolston haulage

anyone remember stephen wooolston haulage from great yarmouth used to pull for norfolk line and frans maas ? drivers i remember _ valley man , ginge , hutch , brownie ,

One of Woolies F12’s, athough not in the company colours. This was driven by Mark Baxter, now transport manager at ASCO in Yarmouth. Mark “Knelly” Knell used to work there too, he’s also at ASCO.

I remember some of the boys at Woolstons, Mark Baxter and Mark Knell are at Asco. John Lacey is at Grampian, Kenny Roberts passed away last year and Hutch, who finished up as an owner-driver on Frans Maars died suddenly a few years ago.
I worked at Perfects just around the corner from Woolstons, and Stephen and my boss hated each other. I spoke to Stephen a few months ago, he has a taxi, and still in Gt. Yarmouth. Cheers Haddy.

norfolktrucker:
One of Woolies F12’s, athough not in the company colours. This was driven by Mark Baxter, now transport manager at ASCO in Yarmouth. Mark “Knelly” Knell used to work there too, he’s also at ASCO.

That motor was bought new by the late Derek Brooks,owner-driver on Norfolk Line.

Is this the same woolston haulage that ran a couple of iveco’s artics on aggreagate haulage out of Henham untill a few years ago?

dazteahan:
Is this the same woolston haulage that ran a couple of iveco’s artics on aggreagate haulage out of Henham untill a few years ago?

Yes, thats the one. Although I remember a FH volvo as well, both painted RMC orange.

norfolktrucker:

dazteahan:

Yes, thats the one. Although I remember a FH volvo as well, both painted RMC orange.

The orange volvo was involved in a fatal crash on the A12 at Saxmundham, a retired headmaster had heart attack at the wheel of his car and lost control out and ended up in the path of the truck. I am sure the truck was written off. My mate use to do a bit of relief driving for him so will ask him next time i see him.

Regards

Daz

haddy:
I remember some of the boys at Woolstons, Mark Baxter and Mark Knell are at Asco. John Lacey is at Grampian, Kenny Roberts passed away last year and Hutch, who finished up as an owner-driver on Frans Maars died suddenly a few years ago.
I worked at Perfects just around the corner from Woolstons, and Stephen and my boss hated each other. I spoke to Stephen a few months ago, he has a taxi, and still in Gt. Yarmouth. Cheers Haddy.

the volvo he brought of derek he sprayed purple when he had the workshop down south denes and i took it to italy for him ! :sunglasses:

Stephen woolstoon gave me my start when i passed my test in 1990.Was giving the keys to the s reg volvo f86.Was eventually promoted to a f10.Loved that job.Doing all the haulage for the oil industry.Was there when hutch.mark,ginge,nigel and few others were there.Janet was the secretary and a few years after i left woolstons i went to work for her on fraans maas,She bought 4 scanias and put them on.

daftvader:
Stephen woolstoon gave me my start when i passed my test in 1990.Was giving the keys to the s reg volvo f86.Was eventually promoted to a f10.Loved that job.Doing all the haulage for the oil industry.Was there when hutch.mark,ginge,nigel and few others were there.Janet was the secretary and a few years after i left woolstons i went to work for her on fraans maas,She bought 4 scanias and put them on.

whats janet up to now she still got motors?

spit the dog:

daftvader:

whats janet up to now she still got motors?

i remember the time me and steve played a trick on her i went home and got my phython and put it in hr desk drawer and we asked her for something from it waiting for her to scream the place down ,but it backfired on us when she picked it up and said its lovely !!

Here’s one in normal colours.

haddy:

Haddy, is that Lovejoy?

norfolktrucker:

haddy:

Haddy, is that Lovejoy?

Yes mate I was thinking the same. Can’t place the location though, any ideas?

i would say London looking at the bus stop sign.