Stephen Pullen RIP

Bob Tuck has told me that Stephen Pullen, Editor of Heritage Commercials has passed away. Stephen gained the job when David Craggs retired and was an avid fan of Vintage Vehicles who brought his own style of Editorship to HC.
Condolences to his family, it’s a tragedy that he has passed so young.
RIP, Stephen, God Bless You!
Alex

Knew he was poorly as he had stepped down ‘temporarily’ as editor earlier this year, didn’t expect this though. :confused: Reading his editorials, and his recollections of vehicles he had worked on as a fitter, I got the impression that he wasn’t very old either? RIP Stephen, and thank you.

Pete.

Stephen was 51.
Whether I sent him articles, letters or photo’s, Stephen never failed to say ‘Thanks’ unlike some of the editors of other magazines who just ignored you and the first you knew they would print them was when you saw them in the magazine.
Old fashioned manners & courtesy from a gentleman. Sad to go so young!

Alex

Yes Alex, no age at all. :frowning: Stephen responded to me with ‘thanks’ when I sent him some correspondence. I keep meaning to send some other items but you do get to question your own judgement as to wether what you firmly believe to be correct might be ripped to shreds by someone else so I haven’t done anything yet.

Pete.

As a subscriber to HG magazine I too wrote to him a couple of times and recognized the name straight away sad news indeed RIP Stephen and deepest sympathy to his Family

Sad news indeed.

I always liked how Stephen would write an article, as if he was talking to you - one on one, down at the local pub - a great skill.

Condolences and the kindest regards to Stephen’s family.

Keith

Im shocked by this sad news.Having dealt with him for over ten years regarding articles and reviews, as others have said, a true gentleman.Nothing was too much trouble and he was always keen to help.A really top bloke.He will be missed by many I am sure.