Stena in Portsmouth?

Just leaving for Caen on BF and there’s a freighter moored up on another berth. It’s top deck is full of unaccompanied trailers. It was there about 2 weeks ago too, Just wanted to see if anybody knows where it goes .
Her name is “Stena Forecaster” and on the side of the hull is the name “Transfennica”
Any ideas ?

Think this is the new Portsmouth to Zeebrugge service that I don’t understand who is for, unless you start your driving hours in Penzance or something. Who wouldn’t want to drive to Harwich instead?!

th2013:
Think this is the new Portsmouth to Zeebrugge service that I don’t understand who is for, unless you start your driving hours in Penzance or something. Who wouldn’t want to drive to Harwich instead?!

Just out of interest how long is the crossing to Zeebee from there, only done Portsmouth Le Havre once, can’t remember how long it took there either.

I think it’s a Spain - Zeebrugge service that stops in Portsmouth en route.

Stena aren’t running it, the ship is chartered from Stena Ro-ro ( the ship management arm of Stena group - they own and lease quite alot of ships)

Derf:
I think it’s a Spain - Zeebrugge service that stops in Portsmouth en route.

Stena aren’t running it, the ship is chartered from Stena Ro-ro ( the ship management arm of Stena group - they own and lease quite alot of ships)

Seem you are right…

Belongs to Stena RoRo, they charter ships, part of the same group as Stena Line obviously but a completely different company.

Edit, should read all comments first :slight_smile:

Bilbao-Portsmouth-Zeebruge-Bilbao.

Crap ship, Crap Food. It sways when someone ■■■■■.

I will never get on that boat again.

limeyphil:
Bilbao-Portsmouth-Zeebruge-Bilbao.

Crap ship, Crap Food. It sways when someone ■■■■■.

I will never get on that boat again.

Lol can’t be any worse than that old tub that used to do Poole to Cherburg not for the faint hearted that one especially in the winter

Mazzer,that old tub that did Cherbourg, was that the freighter that had portacabins tied down on top deck.Nicknamed the marriage quarters has they put husband and wife drivers in it.
The steak was cooked raw with blood in it.
The passenger ship was the Duc de Normandie,that would sway about on a mill pond.

toby1234abc:
Mazzer,that old tub that did Cherbourg, was that the freighter that had portacabins tied down on top deck.Nicknamed the marriage quarters has they put husband and wife drivers in it.
The steak was cooked raw with blood in it.
The passenger ship was the Duc de Normandie,that would sway about on a mill pond.

Lol not sure of the name but we always used the one with the saloon type swing doors on the cabins opposite the bogs and as soon as someone threw up the whole place stank of sick and inevitably someone threw up on every crossing, a canoe would have been more stable.

Lol.That is the old tub with cowboy and western style wooden doors.If the Channel was flat,a Billy goat would still puke on it.

google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j& … 3847100505

Is this the boat?

citycat:
Redirect Notice

Is this the boat?

That’s the one.