Steetley tippers

Funny what turns up on this interweb thingy :slight_smile:

Doing my usual “rounds” looking through stuff on trucknet & found a mention of Steetley.

I did a search for “Steetley Foden” & found this pic. it’s the sister to the last truck my Dad bought for me when i worked for him (about 1983). I sprayed it in his yard, with my better half Donna doing the finishing touches painting the ladders with a brush !

Pic shows AET515T mine was AET516T a “proper lorry” according to my old Dad, 201 gardner engine & 12 speed foden box :slight_smile:

Anybody know where it might have worked from ? We got it from a CV dealer in Barnsley, they had quite a few Steetley trucks and some X reg F7’s in green & red (forget the name).

it was bought from us by an OD from leicester area I think, in early '85.

shame there’s not more steetley pics around, would love to find one of my old beast.

That Foden has got an “ET” Sheffield reg. the nearest Steetley place to Sheffield was at Whitwell near Worksop,although Steetley had quarries etc. all over the show at one time. Most of their vehicles were registered in Nottinghamshire as I remember,“RR” and “AL” were two.

This was a publicity shot taken outside Steel Peech and Tozer,later BSC,at Templeborough,in 1966.

And a Steetley Leyland Octopus…

Can’t find your Foden though,but plenty of lads on here who will remember Steetley. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
That Foden has got an “ET” Sheffield reg. the nearest Steetley place to Sheffield was at Whitwell near Worksop,although Steetley had quarries etc. all over the show at one time. Most of their vehicles were registered in Nottinghamshire as I remember,“RR” and “AL” were two.

This was a publicity shot taken outside Steel Peech and Tozer,later BSC,at Templeborough,in 1966.

And a Steetley Leyland Octopus…

Can’t find your Foden though,but plenty of lads on here who will remember Steetley. :smiley:

Et was Rotherham reg chris can’t let a deeda claim it :grimacing:

Steetley operated the Dowlow quarry on the A515 near Buxton until Redland and latterly Lafarge subsequently took it over.

Pete.

revman:
Et was Rotherham reg chris can’t let a deeda claim it :grimacing:

:laughing:
Eyup,sorry pal but ET Rotherham,DT Doncaster and HE Barnsley were all Sheffield after 1974 - all into dee-dah land. :stuck_out_tongue:
I wondered if that Foden was ex Eccles Aizlewood.

There was a few based at stoke, them 8 wheeler sleeper cab tippers, they were EET or something like that, my mate Alan Corrigan drove one

I hope people dont mind me putting these on,cant remember where I got them.sorry.

jg11steetly.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKjwE45YkuRNeBO(TbQh)+Q~~60_12.jpg

AEC%20Marshall%20Major%20Steetley%20Minerals.jpg

paul motyka:
I hope people dont mind me putting these on,cant remember where I got them.sorry.

Not sure if the aec was taken at butlers quarry,could be maltby colliery in background?

Telekonsteve:
There was a few based at stoke, them 8 wheeler sleeper cab tippers, they were EET or something like that, my mate Alan Corrigan drove one
Hiya steve…i’am sure steetley took over Downings brickyards for a time…someone will tell us
John

Excellent !

Many thanks to all that replied, some interesting comments about Steetley & the “ET” reg plates. I think my chances of finding my old one are pretty slim now, spent quite some time doing various google searches, only to come up with the same pics over & again.

No big deal, it would have been good to see the old beast but I have the pic of 515 & aside from the reg & fleet number it’s identical.

Shame i havn’t got any pics of 516 when I had it !!

thanks again chaps :slight_smile:

paul motyka:

Hi Paul did steetley take over alan s dennif at Kiveton looks like dinnington on the foden door

revman:

paul motyka:

Hi Paul did steetley take over alan s dennif at Kiveton looks like dinnington on the foden door

Steetley Group bought Alan S Denniff in 1964 Alan,but they were still running in Denniff livery in 1968,I used to get lifts with them when I was in the RAF,from Worksop to near Saxilby.They turned off the A57 down to a sand/gravel pit,think it was called Doddington.They were running 3-axled Foden units and tandem trailers on “G” plates.

Chris you beat me again,just googled came up with this info.Steetley decided in 1964 to enter the concrete business & acquired two companies alan s denniff ltd & james turner ltd.In 1991 it came under the ownership of redland plc.Steetley takes its name from the hamlet of steetley near worksp.They ran in to butlers a lot in the early 70s.paul.

LB76:

Hi Lb76,
That leyland is a beautiful motor :sunglasses: .was she a semi-automatic two pedal?
Regards Andrew.

Hi pete, no mate 6 speed overdrive with a splitter

PS it sounds as good as it looks too

Another oldie which I have already added to the Steetley/Redland/Lafarge thread on the photo forum
Steetley%20Leyland.jpg