Steel truck

Hi was wondering if anyone had any usefull hints tips etc regarding class 1 steel trucks /trailers ?
I’ve got a new gig starting a week Monday.I have been driving a rigid for a pressing company for the last 10 months delivering some coils and parts etc but truck is a curtain sider.
Really just after do’s & don’t and helpful advise and what to expect from the big 44 ton
Bad boy !!
Cheers

Use chains not straps etc

ROG:

Rog you can’t always use chains and as long as you use padding under the straps there’s no problem…

Back to the OP

Check your equipment any damage / wear then replace it . Using chains on tin plate or any plate can damage the edges etc and is NOT always advisable to use 3 straps can often be better than a chain as not everyone has chains checked for damage ie rust or squeezed links …

Its a curtainsider so really a flat with easy sheets TREAT IT AS A FLAT and you wo t go far wrong.

nick2008:

ROG:

Rog you can’t always use chains and as long as you use padding under the straps there’s no problem…

I worked for Upton steel for over 15 years and the only bad incidents were when straps were used instead of chains but chains can damage aluminium

ROG:

nick2008:

ROG:

I worked for Upton steel for over 15 years and the only bad incidents were when straps were used instead of chains but chains can damage aluminium

It also depends on what’s being carried