Steel haulage advice

In today’s world the dvsa would probably impound the above until the load met the newfangled regs :question:

Theres also extender trailers which are quite common on steel work a d I dont think habe been mentioned. Fun to navigate around the traffic and even more fun when it comes to shrinking the trailer as theres several versions (best find out how to do it before leaving).

As for Rikki’s pic - that’s the safe option as it gives you a second to duck after you hit the brakes. :wink:

Punchy Dan:
In today’s world the dvsa would probably impound the above until the load met the newfangled regs :question:

Your not wrong, funny thing is over the years at FVS I must have done 100’s of loads like this out of Severfield Reeve and Thircon and all seemed to have got to their destination without falling off-

Rikki-UK:

Punchy Dan:

Your not wrong, funny thing is over the years at FVS I must have done 100’s of loads like this out of Severfield Reeve and Thircon and all seemed to have got to their destination without falling off-

Maybe because you did that old fashioned thing like “slow down for the bends” :open_mouth:

Rikki-UK:

Punchy Dan:

I have a mate who used to work for FVS. He delivered some of the beams to the “Gherkin” (aka 30 St Mary Axe) site in London. He got caught up in the 7/7 attacks, but he wasn’t injured.

If it’s a curtain sider it will be reet on the internals. Shut the curtains and it all goes away. :laughing:

image.jpeg
If it was me I’d be putting a strap from each side around it too and back to same side as well as the 3 chains and a chain through those lifting handles on the rear not just on to the rail but hooked in by a socket boss .

Punchy Dan:
If it was me I’d be putting a strap from each side around it too and back to same side as well as the 3 chains and a chain through those lifting handles on the rear not just on to the rail but hooked in by a socket boss .

Poor effort there Dan , if he has a shunt it will go forward like a torpedo . I agree it should have for and aft restraint of some sort .

Whats just as bad is there was a pink artic in front with 4 straps over 29 tonne :blush: but dare I say owt to him :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

Ditto. Bet there’s 20 ton in that pencil ingot.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Punchy Dan:
Whats just as bad is there was a pink artic in front with 4 straps over 29 tonne :blush: but dare I say owt to him :unamused:

Bet it wasn’t Andy lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

scottie0011:

Punchy Dan:

Bet it wasn’t Andy lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He knows better :wink: