Stealing from fellow drivers

Ok, so I was parked up by British sugar, Bury St edmunds last night with another lorry from our company, woke up this morning, did my walk round (obviously missed something, nobody’s perfect) and went about my business. Anyway, after I got loaded and found my way to where I needed to go, I tipped and had a 45 before the trip back to bury. I always do another walk round on my 45, before I head off again and found that some [zb] had climbed on the back of my (tipper) lorry whilst I was asleep last night and stole the cap off the hydrollic oil tank therefore having a lovely oil job over my paint job! Again, I know I should have picked it up when I started but like I said, nobody’s perfect and I don’t really expect people to be climbing on my lorry while I’m in it.
My point is, what ■■■■■■ steals parts off another drivers lorry whilst he (or she) is asleep inside, it’s the fact that I was still in my cab that gets me the most.
Do some people have no moral these days, I thought us drivers are supposed to watch each others backs, not ■■■■ on them while we sleep.
It must have been a lorry driver as I can’t think of any cars that would have use for a hydrollic oil cap that big.
■■■■■■■ tossers.

Rant over!

Even in the good old days with rose tinted glasses :grimacing: lorry drivers stole your bulbs, lenses, ropes, ratchets and whatever they could lay their hands on! :laughing: morals? :sunglasses: giraffe! :wink:

Yeh I’ve had fuel caps nicked and numreous trailer lenses, but always in the UK. Everybody (especially on here :unamused: ) calls the foreign drivers, but we have our share of arse holes in the job over here.

Can you remember the last time you checked the level as you may not have put it on correctly but never noticed ? Not sayin you did but possible is it not ?

maybe youre a blue eyed boy and he isn’t and decided to take matters in hand so to speak.

I know drivers who have had pins pulled etc. on breaks. and yes agree done by tossers.

At a previous company I (stupidly) left my Samsung tablet in my cab over the weekènd whilst it was parked in the yard hałf way through the day on Monday whilst at a drop, went to get it and low and behold it was gone.

Had my AD blue cap nicked from Jaguar Halewood, engine running and I only walked across the carpark to sign in.

Now it is always locked.

Once had the fuel cap nicked over a weekend whilst it was in the yard, oh and they (he/she) also took 200 ltrs of fuel :imp:

I nicked a defect book out of my mates cab yesterday as he had two and I ran out, I think I might get away with that one though :laughing:

That’s not theft Drift, it is merely “relocation of company assets”.

the maoster:
That’s not theft Drift, it is merely “relocation of company assets”.

Just like I do with blue roll :laughing:

I once had my fuel cap nicked off my Daf at the border lay by s/b up Berwick a good few year ago. I hoped karma would be good and he’d have a full load of diesel nicked and couldn’t get home for his daughters birthday or somthing similar later on in life.

So I’m guessing it’s not gonna be the last time then. Stuck a plastic bag over the hole for now and probably gonna have to wait about 3 months for another cap.

I had two Mirror Glasses, go missing at Hilton Park about 11am one day, only stopped to refill my cup :imp:

You would think that drivers would have a bit of decency in the matter as we all know how it is and how frustrating it can be. Such a shame there is a few out there who will rob another of our own

I bought a rubber blade for my mirrors from Tesco (other supermarkets are available) it was only £1 but was great for a quick wipe down after going through the wash or after a bit of a shower, this was “borrowed” from my cab one day. Some folk just can’t help themselves!!! … Or maybe they do !!! Lol

Not so much a theft but not having property returned. A couple of months ago I came across a Daf artic tipper having traction troubles coming up a local hill. I walked down to him as he had blocked the road and asked the driver if he could lift the midlift he said no but would I give him a tow with his load strap,well that soon bust so I got out my tow strap and tried that but an empty 6 wheeler doesn’t have much grip. At this point I said sorry but I’ve done my best and reversed up the road to turn and go around. A Robinsons of Worcester truck was waiting and he said he would have a go if I left my strap and he would bring it to the quarry where we were both loading. I left it with him and he later appeared at the quarry and said the Police had turned up and commandeered a JCB and had used my strap. I met the JCB and he didn’t have it and also phoned the Police but no go. The weigh bridge guy said the arctic was collecting for Derbyshire aggregates who just aint interested in helping. If anyone knows who owns a siver XF Daf reg AE59 AZC I would be keen to hear.

Pursy

Scraggy88:
Do some people have no moral these days,

I think most people do have morals and always have, but there have always been those who believe they can help themselves to anything. :frowning:

Scraggy88:
I thought us drivers are supposed to watch each others backs,

I don’t know what would give you that idea?

But yes it’s bloody annoying that you can’t expect your stuff to be left alone though.

pursy:
Not so much a theft but not having property returned. A couple of months ago I came across a Daf artic tipper having traction troubles coming up a local hill. I walked down to him as he had blocked the road and asked the driver if he could lift the midlift he said no but would I give him a tow with his load strap,well that soon bust so I got out my tow strap and tried that but an empty 6 wheeler doesn’t have much grip. At this point I said sorry but I’ve done my best and reversed up the road to turn and go around. A Robinsons of Worcester truck was waiting and he said he would have a go if I left my strap and he would bring it to the quarry where we were both loading. I left it with him and he later appeared at the quarry and said the Police had turned up and commandeered a JCB and had used my strap. I met the JCB and he didn’t have it and also phoned the Police but no go. The weigh bridge guy said the arctic was collecting for Derbyshire aggregates who just aint interested in helping. If anyone knows who owns a siver XF Daf reg AE59 AZC I would be keen to hear.

Pursy

AE59 AZC is a / or former Williams Transport tractor unit.

Had my 2lb lump hammer lifted last night at Newark cattle market. Had my Adlue tank cap swapped for a broken one a while back, bought a new one which now stays locked. It’s become a regular occurrence for some low-life scrote to try and thieve it. I lent a driver from our “sister” company a 2ton lifting sling, 18 months ago. He promised faithfully to return it. I"m still waiting…

I wouldn’t trust the average lorry driver a quarter of the distance I could throw him/her.