Stay on track with free hours law dvd

STAY ON TRACK WITH FREE HOURS LAW DVD

If you’ve ever struggled trying to unravel drivers’ hours law, then more help will soon be at hand. Truck & Driver, is giving away a free copy of the official VOSA Drivers’ Hours and Tachograph DVD with its latest edition (March coverdate) published on 7 February. The DVD explains British and EU Drivers’ Hours and Tachograph rules, providing need-to-know important information for both drivers and their bosses. It includes sections on EU, AETR and UK Domestic regs plus tachograph rules, UK enforcement information and other available information sources.

The information is in English and Welsh and if your company employs foreign drivers the DVD also includes versions in French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish and Spanish! So for all drivers who want the definitive reference source for staying legal on drivers’ hours,

T&D’s March edition (priced £2.60) has it. And if you’ve got one of those governors who either insist they already know the law, or keep passing the buck back to you tell them to watch it! They might learn something…

I think the jury is out until Coffeeholic gets back. :grimacing:

dieseldave:

Why ?
Drivers should be encouraged to know the regulations regardless of where the information comes from :wink:

tachograph:

dieseldave:

Why ?
Drivers should be encouraged to know the regulations regardless of where the information comes from :wink:

Of course, I agree with your comment, but with the caveat that the “information” comes from a reliable source.
TBF, it’s not unknown for “offical” publications to be unintentionally wrong.
(Including “official” publications on dangerous goods :wink: )

Sorry tachograph, by my (flippant) comment I meant; how are we supposed to know whether the DVD is any good until the master returns :question: :laughing:
It’s a fact that Coffeeholic has corrected trainers (including me :blush: ) on more than one occasion. :grimacing:

BTW, have you seen the DVD yet :question:

Dieseldave said:

BTW, have you seen the DVD yet

Yes I have, not bad, better then the old video and relatively straight forward to understand, provided you select the correct language :smiley:

Think there is also due to be a short article in T&D about the 10 most common ‘digital mistakes,’ that VOSA see.

geebee45:
… better then the old video and relatively straight forward to understand, provided you select the correct language :smiley:

Think there is also due to be a short article in T&D about the 10 most common ‘digital mistakes,’ that VOSA see.

I’m surprised that there’s foreign languages on the DVD at all TBH. It’s nice of you to warn us of that in advance. :smiley:

Do you think it would be an idea to put similar info to the possible T&D article on the forums once you’ve seen it :question:
I’m guessing that not everybody buys T&D, and I think that kind of info would help anybody to comply, especially those who work for the type of company that just hands a driver a set of key and tells them to get on with it. :wink:

I’ve got a copy of the DVD a few weeks ago and yes I’ve watched it, you;re all thinking it must be as good as a ■■■■ DVD for me I bet. :wink: :smiley: It’ gives the information in a clear and easy to understand manner and I would recommend anyone who is unclear on the rules to watch it as it can only help.

I mentioned this DVD in a post a couple of weeks ago, can’t find it now, but I wasn’t sure at the time where it could be obtained from because there is nothing I could find on the VOSA site about it.

Coffeeholic:
I’ve got a copy of the DVD a few weeks ago and yes I’ve watched it, you;re all thinking it must be as good as a ■■■■ DVD for me I bet. :wink: :smiley: It’ gives the information in a clear and easy to understand manner and I would recommend anyone who is unclear on the rules to watch it as it can only help.

I mentioned this DVD in a post a couple of weeks ago, can’t find it now, but I wasn’t sure at the time where it could be obtained from because there is nothing I could find on the VOSA site about it.

hi coffeeholic is there any chance i could buy a copy from you just copy with nero, or where can i get one this would be a great help thanx m8

gothika:

Coffeeholic:

hi coffeeholic is there any chance i could buy a copy from you just copy with nero, or where can i get one this would be a great help thanx m8

Read the first post in this thread and it will tell you exactly where you can get it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But how do you watch it if you dont have a DVD player or a TV ■■?

I am not sure that my mac will be able to play it either

animal:
But how do you watch it if you dont have a DVD player or a TV ■■?

I am not sure that my mac will be able to play it either

If your MAC can play DVDs then it should play this one. The one I have played in a DVD player, on a PC and in a PS3.