stay clear

M5 gordano bank currently closed south bound and restricted north bound due to a truck rolled over on the central barrier, hope the drivers going to be ok :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now been closed both ways, expect air ambulance at any time :frowning:

What’s going on lately, or am I imagining the rise in smash ups.

Well I have notice more people just changing lanes with out looking had a few near misses as of late

reported on classicfm as an overturned lorry

wildfire:
M5 gordano bank currently closed south bound and restricted north bound due to a truck rolled over on the central barrier, hope the drivers going to be ok :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Good job it wasn’t the elevated section .

Miles of standing traffic in both directions.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-24361806

The M5 near Bristol has been closed in both directions after a lorry crashed, spilling diesel across the carriageway.

A lorry carrying pallets of paper struck the central reservation between the junctions for Portishead and Clevedon at about 07:00 BST.

Emergency crews are believed to be working to free the driver who is thought to have serious head injuries.

Police say southbound lanes will be shut “for some time” but hope to open the northbound lanes shortly.

Long queues are being reported as all lanes are closed southbound between junctions 19 and 20 and from 19 to 22 northbound.

Police said diversions were in place and asked drivers to avoid the area.

paper and pallets along with Fuel spill, news says driver with head injuries …

I’ve heard all of the safety arguments but I still say they could open a lane in each direction, if they wanted to.

Cosmic:
I’ve heard all of the safety arguments but I still say they could open a lane in each direction, if they wanted to.

It’s not just about safety; it’s potentially a crime scene and needs to be treated as such.

Contraflow:

Cosmic:

It’s not just about safety; it’s potentially a crime scene and needs to be treated as such.

no life threatening or life changing injury’s , so its not being treated as a crime scene its a matter of clearing up spilt fuel

What about a serious head injury… I had one and it’s changed my bloody life !

Cosmic:

Fireman told me a couple of months ago that when they attend an incident on any motorway now, they automatically shut the carriageway (side of said incident) because they’ve had colleagues hit whilst working next to live lanes.

Can’t blame them really, if you’ve ever broken down on the hard shoulder & get wagons hurtling past you at 56 mph, not much Fun !

Pic from Twitter

BVkn41cCEAAO_35.jpg

Cosmic:
Pic from Twitter

Good to see that old ERF still earning a crust :sunglasses:

cypry0:

Cosmic:
Pic from Twitter

Good to see that old ERF still earning a crust :sunglasses:

Weston Recovery have a whole yard rammed full of ancient vehicles in the old St George creamery. They certainly put the wreck in wrecker.

If I was a fireman, I wouldn’t work next to a live lane either, to many cretins about.

is that their 85th year anniversary truck ?

Yes, it was Fagan & Whalley’s 85th Anniversary Scania R440.

Image1.jpg