>>>>> stay at home <<<<<

Sidevalve:

edd1974:
The government should make some hard hitting graphic videos
Make channels show them every set of adverts and before every news conference .make people sit up and listen.
As all we have is a hand washing advert.

If that worked nobody would be smoking ■■■■ any more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it no doubt would work apart from the fact they earn billions in overtaxing ■■■■,whereas it will cost them billions somewhere along the line dealing with the knock on effect of this latest ballsup.

peirre:
As I’ve been driving down the road today I’ve been playing a guessing game with myself. Looking at other trucks on the road and saying to myself “yup that firm, or those goods should (or should not) be on the road today”

You’re making the classic mistake of assuming what is in the truck has to do with what is written on the side of it. Might come as a surprise to you but in the past I’ve been sat in a Howdens Joinery wagon delivering ambient to Morrisons, collecting crisps from Walkers, collecting potatoes from farms, delivering pharmaceuticals to Alloga, hauling chopped up car tyres up to Scotland to be used in playgrounds etc etc etc and once upon a time years ago first run of the day used to be to a fertiliser manufacturers to pick up loads for B&Q etc.

Conor:

peirre:
As I’ve been driving down the road today I’ve been playing a guessing game with myself. Looking at other trucks on the road and saying to myself “yup that firm, or those goods should (or should not) be on the road today”

You’re making the classic mistake of assuming what is in the truck has to do with what is written on the side of it. Might come as a surprise to you but in the past I’ve been sat in a Howdens Joinery wagon delivering ambient to Morrisons, collecting crisps from Walkers, collecting potatoes from farms, delivering pharmaceuticals to Alloga, hauling chopped up car tyres up to Scotland to be used in playgrounds etc etc etc and once upon a time years ago first run of the day used to be to a fertiliser manufacturers to pick up loads for B&Q etc.

Yep same here ,
So far this week I’ve had BT wire hard wear , load of pallet ways , cement tile board , a Kcom boxes , farm spec timber post and just tipped a load of bailed cardboard from vesty foods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robroy:
See Prince Charles has been diagnosed with it now, …wonder if the potential ‘no ventilators for over 60s’ rule will apply to him?..Hmmmm I think not.

He’s now self isolating in a Scottish mansion, so he’s in it with the rest of us…only problem is all the servants waiting on him hand and foot MUST stay 2 metres away, …well we all have to ‘‘rough it’’ in a crisis eh? :smiley:

So that Bugger can clear off to his sodding Holiday home …No questions asked!

Like any business as long as fella at top is at home in his mansion with acres of garden then it’s all.good.
Ua workers who helped him create his fortune don’t matter.
Out of sight out of mind.
Long as people still want buy the stuff life for most am afraid will carry on as normal.

Also like to ask anyone watch sky news about 7 this morning.
Kay Burleigh was interviewing some.health minister.
And she repeatedly ask him the following

Today there are 3 planes arriving from Madrid that’s just into Heathrow. Madrid is worst affected area in Spain. How can this even be allowed.
And he basically went round the houses and said nothing.
Apart from if passangers show symptoms they should self.isolate.
Yet were not allowed out unless essential yet people.from Madrid can come here no questions asked no checks. Just if show signs self isolate for 2 weeks.
Unbelievable really

edd1974:

Today there are 3 planes arriving from Madrid that’s just into Heathrow. Madrid is worst affected area in Spain. How can this even be allowed.
Yet were not allowed out unless essential yet people.from Madrid can come here no questions asked no checks. Just if show signs self isolate for 2 weeks.
Unbelievable really

“People” from Madrid.
British citizens?
Shouldn’t they be allowed back into the country?
Or if we expect them to stay out, will we treat all Spanish citizen still here in UK hospitals?
Self isolate or use scarce resources to supervise them?
The virus is here already. Keeping them out will do nowt.

Franglais:

edd1974:

Unbelievable really

“People” from Madrid.
British citizens?
Shouldn’t they be allowed back into the country?
Or if we expect them to stay out, will we treat all Spanish citizen still here in UK hospitals?
Self isolate or use scarce resources to supervise them?
The virus is here already. Keeping them out will do nowt.

Yes but they should be quarantined straight away, not waiting for signs!

Excatly.
Like they did weeks ago with the bus loads they sent to Liverpool.
Now it seems a case of ask a few questions and let in.

And who honestly trying to get into the UK is going to say yes I have symptoms .
There all Gona say no as they don’t wana then be sent away someware to be isolated from.friends and family

edd1974:
Excatly.
Like they did weeks ago with the bus loads they sent to Liverpool.
Now it seems a case of ask a few questions and let in.

And who honestly trying to get into the UK is going to say yes I have symptoms .
There all Gona say no as they don’t wana then be sent away someware to be isolated from.friends and family

Surely, the first thing that they should do is take their temperatures.
Isn’t that one of the first signs you have it ?