Statutory Sick Pay

I am currently on the sick after a hernia op (had it on Tuesday) and the consultant has signed me off for 2 weeks.

I am an agency driver and work between 2 agencies. Both of them have told me that they don’t pay SSP, yet HRMC have told me that I am entitled to it.

HRMC have told me that if I can’t get it then I can begin a dispute. My concern is that if I rock the boat then I’m not going to get any work when I’m fit to return.

What I want to know is whether anyone else on here has had a similar experience, what happenned and what the outcome was.

Cheers in advance.

As you currently have an incapacity then go for ESA - you need a sick note and a read of THIS - hope it helps

Your entitled to SSP the company wont be out of pocket as the Gov pays them its them being ■■■■■■■ as its paper work that they have to do

ROG:
As you currently have an incapacity then go for ESA - you need a sick note and a read of THIS - hope it helps

Thanks, for that Rog. Been in contact with local jobcentre and that’s exactly what they’ve told me to do. 50 mins on phone to complete the application :open_mouth:

I thought you could just claim SSP through the agency as it comes out of Golden Brown’s pocket and not theirs. Apparently it’s not as cut & dried as that.

ROG:

migs69:
Thanks, for that Rog. Been in contact with local jobcentre and that’s exactly what they’ve told me to do. 50 mins on phone to complete the application :open_mouth:

You’re welcome - the phone call should be FREE as I’m sure it’s an 0800 number :smiley:

I should have warned you to have a large mug of tea ready !!

migs69:
I thought you could just claim SSP through the agency as it comes out of Golden Brown’s pocket and not theirs. Apparently it’s not as cut & dried as that.

The problem is that your agency contract will have a section in it saying you’re employed by them for the duration of the booking. So basically, if you’re not working, you’re not employed by them and therefore they don’t have to pay SSP. 90% of them are like that.

Conor:

migs69:

The problem is that your agency contract will have a section in it saying you’re employed by them for the duration of the booking. So basically, if you’re not working, you’re not employed by them and therefore they don’t have to pay SSP. 90% of them are like that.

apply hsa you can claim on that