starting up

AlexBarclay:
ent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

A transport manager CPC holder can work for 4 clients or 50 vehicles - can’t go higher on either part.

That’s correct, I seen prices for external transport managers starting about £250, if you can do thr CPC yourself I would, £1200 odd pound, they only do 4 tests per year. If you go external make sure they’re relatively local and done the CPC last 5 years or done refresher training or some similar course - one of my clients had to send their TM on refresher training as their CPC was from years ago
[/quote]
Not sure what you mean the TM had do a refresher course for his “TM CPC” as it was from years ago. I got mine in1979 both National & International. Used it on my own O/L until 2001 give that up and reapplied again in 2010. Without any problem. Unless things have changed since 2010 there is know time limit on your “TM CPC”.

Jocoh:

AlexBarclay:

A transport manager CPC holder can work for 4 clients or 50 vehicles - can’t go higher on either part.

That’s correct, I seen prices for external transport managers starting about £250, if you can do thr CPC yourself I would, £1200 odd pound, they only do 4 tests per year. If you go external make sure they’re relatively local and done the CPC last 5 years or done refresher training or some similar course - one of my clients had to send their TM on refresher training as their CPC was from years ago

Not sure what you mean the TM had do a refresher course for his “TM CPC” as it was from years ago. I got mine in1979 both National & International. Used it on my own O/L until 2001 give that up and reapplied again in 2018. Without any problem. Unless things have changed since 2018 there is know time limit on your “TM CPC”.
[/quote]
That’s what I was told but I’m sure ive seen posts on Facebook re commissioner telling o licence holders their tm requires refresher training, I assume if they aren’t satisfying all their undertakings and have older tmcpc then they offer refresher training instead of removing licence and good repute? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

AlexBarclay:

Jocoh:

AlexBarclay:

Not sure what you mean the TM had do a refresher course for his “TM CPC” as it was from years ago. I got mine in1979 both National & International. Used it on my own O/L until 2001 give that up and reapplied again in 2010. Without any problem. Unless things have changed since 2010 there is know time limit on your “TM CPC”.

That’s what I was told but I’m sure ive seen posts on Facebook re commissioner telling o licence holders their tm requires refresher training, I assume if they aren’t satisfying all their undertakings and have older tmcpc then they offer refresher training instead of removing licence and good repute? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Yes I know where you are coming from. But when I re-applied for a new Operators Licence in 2010.There was were no issues with my documentation for the TM CPC. Even though I had not used it since 2001. So I still believe it actually never runs out. Perhaps its a case where if you are not satisfying all of the undertakings then they can advise you to take a refresher course ?.

I did a refresher in 2018, so I am ok. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

I think sometimes when you see that the T.C has told the CPC holder that he requires a refresher, it is because they have been invited for “tea & biscuits” to discuss infringements … or if the CPC holder has previously been involved with Companies that have had a “dodgy” history with the T.C.

The Rustler:
I think sometimes when you see that the T.C has told the CPC holder that he requires a refresher, it is because they have been invited for “tea & biscuits” to discuss infringements … or if the CPC holder has previously been involved with Companies that have had a “dodgy” history with the T.C.

Yep that makes sense…

The Rustler:

Not always the case.

I have had my cpc since 93, and didn’t use it until 2018. Because I was the named holder on a licence, the TC asked how long since I used it. When he was told, it was suggested that I attend a refresher course to bring me up to speed which I did a 2 day course, and that satisfied the requirements.

Ken.

I am an external TM and one of my clients was told his original choice of TM wouldn’t be approved until she had taken a refresher course. Her CPC hadn’t run out but she hadn’t used it for a while

There’s no exams involved, just an update on all that has happened, law changes etc.

good_friend:
I am an external TM and one of my clients was told his original choice of TM wouldn’t be approved until she had taken a refresher course. Her CPC hadn’t run out but she hadn’t used it for a while

There’s no exams involved, just an update on all that has happened, law changes etc.

Yup.

All I did was attend a 2 day course to see what had changed. It was a breeze.

Ken.

Possibly something else to bear in mind. The company I used to work for delivered their own products (own account) and had a fairly relaxed attitude to delivery schedules, customers were given a 3 day delivery window which worked OK as our customers probably needed us as much as we needed them. Then we outsourced our transport and suddenly we were telling customers they could pick their own delivery time and date, and the haulier who took it over had to fit in with this, or be “fined” for late, or even early deliveries. It’s a lot easier for the manufacturer or whatever to dictate terms like this when the cost of doing so isn’t their problem!