Starting up on own

Wot is the the average pence per mile driving hgv , or should say wot is the going rate ? On general haulage or container work ?

Not again :confused:

Give us a clue ?

I mean this has been asked a thousand times, just search “new starter” or something like and you will find everything you need to know, by the way re your question on rates, its not what you should charge them, its what they are willing to pay you, you wont have any say in the matter

sampy32:
Wot is the the average pence per mile driving hgv , or should say wot is the going rate ? On general haulage or container work ?

£1.40 per mile.

Thanks for the information silver_surfer , do you know any good companies paying that rate on general haulage or container companies which pay on time .

Just cold call them, most firms will take in subbies now, if your desperate, you could go on for maritime, least they’ll pay you. I think it’s a waste of time though unless you have diesel in your veins & must run your own.

PM me your number if you have experience, I may be subbing some decent work out soon, lord knows I can’t get blokes to drive mine. Had a breakdown yesterday, no replacements available so it was lucky I had another one in he yard sat idle.

£1.40 a mile?! Crickey it was a pound a mile ten years ago when I worked for a subbie.