Starting Training

I have my first lesson beginning Saturday 13th November so If you are in Norwich look out :laughing:

I believe it’s an 18T DAF I’ll be using for my Cat C and I’ll let you know how it goes.

Where can i read up on my initial CPC case study?

Good luck with your training mate !!

Let us know how you get on mate, and make sure to enjoy it :smiley: I tend to learn better when i enjoy what i’m doing!!

Enjoy your training saxmachine & good luck :smiley: DAF - nice :sunglasses: :smiley:

Good luck with it :smiley:

Cheers guys. Now filling my thermos so I’m ready to take on the day.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Had a very good lesson. Thoroughly enjoyed the day too. Went over the curb once when I rushed things and forgot to go as far right as possible. I had some very interestingly tight corners and junctions and the only issue was about making enough space for myself. But all in all it was a very good drive apparently and my instructor Toni believes come the test after another two days training I will be well prepared.

So far so good.

Here’s my new class room.

Good luck saxmachine

nice truck very clean !!!

jen x

Sounds like your doing well saxmachine, hope all goes well for you :smiley: Truck’s spotless :exclamation: :smiley:

Spotless, and that’s after I’d been in the drivers seat :laughing:

Welcome and good luck with your test Sax!

Good luck with it but just relax & enjoy it if in doubt ask questions it dont matter if you make a mistake now but learn from it & dont make the mistake on your test

Remember that the gear box in not Russian :laughing: :laughing:

It quickly became clear truck driving is not to be rushed in any aspect. By not rushing it works and stress levels are only effected by people with no indicators included with the car.

The daf is the only truck I’ve driven so far and aside from hearing a few drafts I don’t think I could fault it. Comfy. Smooth. Could do with lumbar support though.

Plenty of grunt though at 250 HP

So I’ve had 3 days training and Toni my instructor assures me I’m doing very well. My weak point and he claims my only weak point is forward planning. I’m still getting a little close to parked cars making it harder for moving around them. A few mistakes involving slightly too much speed meant cut corners and evicted squirrels.

Test tomorrow morning. An early start and some nerves beginning to set in. But providing I pass and get my cpc done I’ll be able to do my artic training before Christmas and the increase of vat.

So now to watch mad max for some tips!

Good luck for the morning. I found it was good having an early test. No time to think about it.

Dean

Good luck for tomorrow saxmachine :smiley:

Best of Luck for tomorrow.

Cheers guys. Talk about no time to think about it. I’m meeting at 6:30 AM to get some practice in before we start. I haven’t seen that time of existence for quite a while. Just bought myself an alarm clock so that I have a greater chance of waking up.

It’s a pass with 3 minors. Two for not checking a pedestrian was still intact and the other for my positioning on approach to a roundabout.

Cpc module 2 booked and hopefully C+e before Christmas.

I’ve read some great advice on here and I’d like to recommend perks for any one training near Lowestoft. Toni is a superb instructor.

I’m so pleased I’m gonna go lay down for a bit.

Well done on the pass. Great feeling isn’t it !!!

Dean

Well done on the pass