Starting salary

Hi,
I’m going to do my class 2 training shortly and then hopefully my articulated too.
I’ve been office based for most of my working life and am on a good wage. I just don’t think I can do it any longer. I’m stressed to the hilt and need out for my own sanity.

I don’t for one minute think that the various different types of jobs out on the road are easy but it definitely appeals to me.

I have some sort of game plan for seeking employment but am unsure of what is a realistic salary expectation. I wouldn’t want to work constant nights or anything but the odd one or two would be fine to start off with.

Is £20000 ish achieveable or am I living in a dream world?!

Thanks in advance

Will

Depends on where you live as depends on what you are going to be paid but anything from bout £6.50 ph

You may be salaried that can be anything form bout £350 pw but this can vary with night out meal allowance bounce etc

Thanks for reply animal.
I’m based in Cardiff just for info.

Will

woofgang:
Thanks for reply animal.
I’m based in Cardiff just for info.

Will

LOL Yep I will defo remember that :smiley:

You have Cross Hand just up the road why not find out who is there ( NR Evans etc ) see how much they paying there drivers

I wouldn’t expect alot some figures thrown around on here a depressing. Those on a good wage have earned it and probably been with an employer a while. I’m sure they’re out there but finding the £10+ an hour jobs as a newbie will be very scarce. You’ll probably have to take the pay on the chin and earn your worth to an employer for a while. Best off luck with it all.

Thanks for replies everyone. I’ll keep the faith that there must be some half decent wages out there! Gotta get the bloody licence etc first!