Starting from scratch

Hi all

Just thought I’d pop up a post been having a mooch around the form and what a great resource for info for us noobies

Literally having to start from scratch as I lost my paper licence and due to a ■■■■ up at the dvla when I sent off to get the new photo card licence it only had provisional for everything bit annoying as I previously passed my test before 97 but hay ho

Currently just have full m/c but will have car sorted out with in the next month or so
Funds are tight crappy agency job after loosing mine 6 months ago ■■■■■■ for a manager

Seriously considering going up for cat 1 or c+e I think it is now
I used to drive vans around for a number of years for a small firm while not that same as an artic I suppose it gives me an idea of what driving around day in day out is like

So I guess first things first
Car test and medical wonder if they will let me send off the forms with the test pass lol save waiting time

Getting abit head of yourself there mate. Once you have done your medical you then need to do your theory test and hazard test. Then mod 2 before you can get behind of a lorry but remember you have to pass your class 2 before going in for your c+e

Oh I know it’s a long road from where I sit at the moment

Just considering where I want to end up

What year did you originally pass car test?

Originally it was in the October of 1996

I’ve been through a 6 month battle with the dvla who claim to have no record of the test pass and can’t explain why I had a full licence it’s been investigated and the up shot was
Take the tests again

Nightfirez:
Originally it was in the October of 1996

I’ve been through a 6 month battle with the dvla who claim to have no record of the test pass and can’t explain why I had a full licence it’s been investigated and the up shot was
Take the tests again

How very odd as the whole lot is on computer - could have understood if you passed before 1984 as those are on paper files

Bet you wish you had scanned the paper licence at some point in the past - did any employer copy it?

I had copied it in the past

But several house moved and alike meant the copy’s were lost

Knowing me I probably put it somewhere “safe” and forgot about it

The only conclusion the dvla could come up with was they had updated the wrong record somehow doesn’t help much

While re taking my m/c tests I was going through the training with a police advanced rider who had the same issue

And what happens if you can not pass the tests. Where then.

Plan “b” back to college and re-train

My brother in law had a similar problem

He passed his test way back had licence then his car was stolen house broken into licence stolen contacted DVLA they had no record of him at all so off to police as he did have another ( though he lost it in move but then found it long story ) yep they said it was a legal licence but when they ran though computer no record after & no recored of any of his address even the one he was living in when passed test after long battle they released they had him mixed up with another person with same name

He did photo copy his found licence as he would not send off original still with licence number they couldnt find him as well as sending other prove from police etc

So this has happened before ( this was earlier this year

Oh this is the same DVLA that sent his father a licence renewal even though he has been dead since 1985 they had to send prove of this again would only send photo copies even though they asked for original

personally i wouldn’t be surprised if they had out sourced there database to some other country

i dont think it helps that the GPO keep changing the address here as they cant quite decide where we are …

Went in for a short notice test today
Explained the situation passed 1 minor

The lass from the dvsa was convinced that even by 1996 / 1997 the dvla was still not fully computerised

Either way back on the road … Now for the rest of the tests lol